Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple's iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus won't be available to consumers until Friday, September 19, but some devices have been trickling out early ahead of the phone's launch. Korean site UNDERkg has managed to get both an iPhone 6 and an iPhone 6 Plus, sharing hands-on videos and photos.

The first video focuses on the 4.7-inch gold iPhone 6, walking through all of the features including the display, the Touch ID home button, the protruding lens, and the power button, which has been relocated to the right side of the device for easier one-handed access.

In the video, the iPhone 6 is also compared to earlier models of the iPhone, like the iPhone 5s and the iPhone 3G, as well as Samsung devices like the Galaxy S5 and Alpha. The device is shown running iOS 8, with several of the apps demonstrated in the video. Authenticity is of the iPhone 6 in the video is confirmed via a FaceTime call.

Apple's iPhone 6 and 6 Plus will be available to consumers beginning on Friday, September 19. The devices will be available in stores on that date, and that is also the date that early pre-orders will begin arriving. Official iPhone 6 and 6 Plus reviews should be available tonight.

Article Link: iPhone 6 and 6 Plus Shown Off in Early Hands-On Videos

MultiMediaWill

macrumors 68000
Aug 1, 2010
Minneapolis
I've confidently ordered the iPhone 6 Plus. After looking at these two videos, I know I made the right decision. The iPhone 6 looks underwhelming compared to the iPhone 6 Plus.

Klae17

macrumors 65816
Jul 15, 2011
They will never do those thick lines.

5.5 doesn't exist, there hasn't been any leaks!

Apple would never make a phone that big.

They will never use the term plus, that's so tacky!

WTF, protruding camera? That's not Apple.

Did I forget some?

1Zach1

macrumors 65816
Feb 8, 2008
Northern Va
Funny how they use their right hand to double tap and move the screen down, thus defeating the purpose of the function.

Chrjy

macrumors 65816
May 19, 2010
UK
I've confidently ordered the iPhone 6 Plus. After looking at these two videos, I know I made the right decision. The iPhone 6 looks underwhelming compared to the iPhone 6 Plus.

Mmm and the iPhone 6 Plus looks overwhelming in every sense of the word :D

Each to their own though.

RebornProphet

Suspended
Nov 3, 2013
The double tap one-handed mode "feature" is something that many here would have mocked had it been a Samsung feature on a Galaxy model.

In fact, it's so ridiculously gimmicky yet impractical that it's exactly the kind of thing Samsung would do.

mactumors

macrumors 6502
Aug 3, 2008
This guy either has the Display Zoom feature turned on or this is not the final version of iOS on that iPhone 6.

They icons would be smaller if he were using the "Standard View" in iOS 8.

Jsameds

Suspended
Apr 22, 2008
Ridiculously tall. They should've shrunk the top bezel.

They did, but not enough, evidently. I think they kept it for symmetry with the bottom bezel, which can't go much thinner because of TouchID. So unless you want a Samsung-style swipe fingerprint scanner...

iphone_5s_iphone_6_iphone_6s_size_comparison-620x521.jpg

Last edited:

TheNewDude

macrumors 6502a
Mar 17, 2010
The double tap one-handed mode "feature" is something that many here would have mocked had it been a Samsung feature on a Galaxy model.

In fact, it's so ridiculously gimmicky yet impractical that it's exactly the kind of thing Samsung would do.

I actually think I would use that feature. Reaching the top corner of my Nexus 5 is always a challenge so if I can move it down it would help a lot and it's simple to do by tapping the button twice.

Other might have a different opinion or experience with it.

HXGuyAZ

macrumors 6502
Sep 3, 2014

Why is it impractical? I've seen a couple reviews saying how great it is and will become second nature you won't even think about it.

Jazper

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2012
If you don't like the way it looks "you can just put it in a case like that", always helpful when the case being advertised is clear.

They will never do those thick lines.

5.5 doesn't exist, there hasn't been any leaks!

Apple would never make a phone that big.

They will never use the term plus, that's so tacky!

WTF, protruding camera? That's not Apple.

Did I forget some?

Hmm, either "How could they just have 1 GB of RAM?" or "No they will have 2GB of RAM" - lets wait for the teardown.

Richardgm

macrumors 6502a
Aug 1, 2008
I was hoping somehow the antenna bands would look good in the final version.

I guess not.

Sevanw

Suspended
Sep 13, 2014
The Plus simply is just too tall. The more I see the Plus in pictures and videos the more unwieldy it looks. Those bezels definitely needed to be smaller. How was Samsung able to fit a bigger screen and a stylus in a more compact and attractive package? Still want to see this in person though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.