Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jwc6160

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 17, 2011
What cases are people buying. I personally hate them but have young kids. I want the smallest one that gives the best protection. Any opinions.

justinTlME

macrumors 6502
Jul 21, 2014
My midnight blue leather iPhone 6 Plus case came yesterday. I think it will work nicely when my phone comes.

iPhone7ate9

macrumors 6502a
Jun 22, 2014
What cases are people buying. I personally hate them but have young kids. I want the smallest one that gives the best protection. Any opinions.

Do you hate them because they're big and bulky? Or feel like rough sticky silicone? Like those stupid otterboxes ugh.

I always get Speck Candyshell cases, smooth and slick on the outside, rubber on the inside for absorption from impacts. Also a lip above the screen so if it falls on the face, it still gets absorbed by the case. And very thin cases too.

...and I sound like a commercial.

jwc6160

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 17, 2011
Do you hate them because they're big and bulky? Or feel like rough sticky silicone? Like those stupid otterboxes ugh.

I always get Speck Candyshell cases, smooth and slick on the outside, rubber on the inside for absorption from impacts. Also a lip above the screen so if it falls on the face, it still gets absorbed by the case. And very thin cases too.

...and I sound like a commercial.

That is exactly why. I will look into the speck. Thanks.

techn9ne

macrumors member
Aug 13, 2014

I got this case from Cimo called fit case shock absorber its pretty nice i paid $10.http://www.amazon.com/iPhone-Cimo-Absorbing-Protection-Kickstand/dp/B00MNI2DTS/ref=sr_1_6?s=wireless&ie=UTF8&qid=1410968152&sr=1-6&keywords=cimo+iphone+6
But if you want to get a really nice case you should check out Supcase they have a really nice case but its like $30. I dont know your budget but if you want to spend that much take a look.http://www.amazon.com/SUPCASE-Full-body-Protective-Protector-Resistant/dp/B00MOOF4D8/ref=sr_1_3?s=wireless&ie=UTF8&qid=1410968309&sr=1-3&keywords=iphone+6+supcase

eddiec312

macrumors 6502
Jul 19, 2008
Miami, FL
That is exactly why. I will look into the speck. Thanks.

Speck Candyshell cases are way overpriced IMO. If you want total protection go for Lifeproof Nude case. If you want something less bulky try Spigen Tough Armor on Amazon. Better looking and cheaper than Speck. Another good option is the Tech Armor Active series. You can get it on Amazon for $10 bucks shipped with coupon code: ACTVBIRD

I would recommend getting a glass screen protector for your slim protective case so you have that front protection from drops face down.

dianestory2

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2014
Wow, there are a few threads about this, huh? I just got an amcase one (and just posted it on another thread lol) that's only $4.99.

iPhone7ate9

macrumors 6502a
Jun 22, 2014
Speck Candyshell cases are way overpriced IMO. If you want total protection go for Lifeproof Nude case. If you want something less bulky try Spigen Tough Armor on Amazon. Better looking and cheaper than Speck. Another good option is the Tech Armor Active series. You can get it on Amazon for $10 bucks shipped with coupon code: ACTVBIRD

I would recommend getting a glass screen protector for your slim protective case so you have that front protection from drops face down.

that lifeproof nude looks terrible. Specks are sleek and smooth and thin. $35 isn't too much to protect a $950 phone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.