Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lasereyes

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 11, 2014
The thread on here has since been deleted but an alleged Apple employee was giving an AMA that revealed that his high traffic store would be receiving around twenty iphone 6+ of random configurations and carriers. This is terrible news if true!

Compiled by user Tinfoil:

Take away points:
- iPhone 6 + TOTAL inventory for Walk - In's in 20 phones and this includes EVERY carrier unfortunately.
- iPhone 6 and 6 + cases will be readily avaliable
- His Apple Retail Store allowed people to line up at 4am the day of openning in the past. Mall security tends to not allow people inside until 4am.
- VERY LOW stock of iPhone 6 + for example they are pulling from their inventory to create Demo units for people to play with in store on launch day. They NEVER had to do this in the past.
- Apple Stores will be catering to all carrier's payment plans from ATT's NEXT to T-mobile's Jump Plans etc.
- You do not need to setup your new iPhone in store. You may purchase and set it up at home if you like.
- Apple Stores get whats called "Drop Shipments" no idea what that means... Lets just say they dont know when or how many more iPhones they are getting until they are there...

I personally am going to visit my Apple Store tomorrow and try to pry info from the manager Im acquainted with, and depending on what he says, I think those of us without preorders might be better off ordering from the apple site and waiting the three weeks

Last edited:

davefromca

macrumors 6502
Nov 30, 2011
Santa Barbara
I read that post and could feel a disturbance in the force. Glad I have a product that has ample supply. There are going to be some riots day after tomorrow...

JOHNGAETANO

macrumors 6502
Jan 3, 2002
Akron, Ohio
I saw the thread. I read enough to make myself sick.
We have no way of knowing if it was real.
Odd the MR pulled it? For fear?

The thread has since been deleted but an alleged Apple employee was giving an AMA that revealed that his high traffic store would be receiving around twenty iphone 6+ of random configurations and carriers. This is terrible news if true!

I personally am going to visit my Apple Store tomorrow and try to pry info from the manager Im acquainted with, and depending on what he says, I think those of us without preorders might be better off ordering from the apple site and waiting the three months.

Tinfoil

macrumors newbie
Jul 5, 2008
BREAKING - Apple Retail Stores iPhone 6 + Inventory Rumor

An Apple Retail Employee closed a thread he started 2 hours ago in which he did an AMA for any questions related to iPhone 6 Launch.

Take away points:

• iPhone 6 + TOTAL inventory for Walk - In's in 20 phones and this includes EVERY carrier unfortunately.
  • iPhone 6 and 6 + cases will be readily avaliable
  • His Apple Retail Store allowed people to line up at 4am the day of openning in the past. Mall security tends to not allow people inside until 4am.
  • VERY LOW stock of iPhone 6 + for example they are pulling from their inventory to create Demo units for people to play with in store on launch day. They NEVER had to do this in the past.
  • Apple Stores will be catering to all carrier's payment plans from ATT's NEXT to T-mobile's Jump Plans etc.
  • You do not need to setup your new iPhone in store. You may purchase and set it up at home if you like.
  • Apple Stores get whats called "Drop Shipments" no idea what that means... Lets just say they dont know when or how many more iPhones they are getting until they are there...

Last edited:

barbourdg

macrumors member
Dec 23, 2002
dallas
Yeah that thread got deleted. Not that I doubt the guy, but 20 total just sounds nuts. NY Apple will probably have 1000+ people in line Friday, and only 20 people get one? First 2 guys buy 10 each, and 998 people go crazy! Just not sure what to believe to be honest.

I will be in line around 11pm and will just have to hope I get one.

iOz

macrumors regular
Sep 3, 2014
Personally I didn't believe him. He claimed last year pre-orders were taken in two at a time. There were no pre-orders last year.

comptr

macrumors 68000
Oct 25, 2007
Arizona
Yeah that thread got deleted. Not that I doubt the guy, but 20 total just sounds nuts. NY Apple will probably have 1000+ people in line Friday, and only 20 people get one? First 2 guys buy 10 each, and 998 people go crazy! Just not sure what to believe to be honest.

I will be in line around 11pm and will just have to hope I get one.

same here I will stand in line by late evening and just hope and if not I will just wait for my per-order.

EW800

macrumors 6502
Jul 4, 2012
I fear that it may be true. I was talking to a Verizon store General Manager, who had just spoken to her District Manager. She was advised that the Verizon stores would be receiving just a few PLUS models and that with 9 variations of the Plus, there would be several models that would likely be a quantity of 0 or very few. She said that she was told that the Apple stores will have more, but not by a whole lot....

spazma7ik

macrumors 6502a
Sep 12, 2009
Personally I didn't believe him. He claimed last year pre-orders were taken in two at a time. There were no pre-orders last year.

Why? He even got spooked by people in the thread and abandoned it and requested it be deleted. If he were doing it for trolling surely he'd continue it.

Lasereyes

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 11, 2014
This thread was created before your single post thread. Why should anyone continue on yours? Besides, you said at the end of that post "goodnight everyone"... real lively lol..

Think he wants the attention. Thanks for the bullet points though ❤️

wp-admin

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2014
I would be inclined to disbelieve that claim. One of my friends used to work at an Apple store and she told me they never are privy to that kind of information. They show up on launch morning and they're told what they have, but never before.

If you think it through, that's logical, and legally wise for many reasons. No one needs to know that information, especially when you have mobs of amped up people outside your glass doors.

barbourdg

macrumors member
Dec 23, 2002
dallas
Here is the Grassy Knoll Theory, not saying I believe it! LOL

I have seen a few weird posts by new members claiming store managers are telling them they won't have any 6+'s at launch. I even saw 2 post from 2 different members, that sounded like it came from the same person.

Seems like there are a few people on MR that are trying to scare everybody from camping out. This employee guy 100% sounded legit, but you never know!

Southernboyj

macrumors 68000
Mar 8, 2012
Mobile, AL
An Apple Retail Employee closed a thread he started 2 hours ago in which he did an AMA for any questions related to iPhone 6 Launch.

Take away points:

• iPhone 6 + TOTAL inventory for Walk - In's in 20 phones and this includes EVERY carrier unfortunately.
  • iPhone 6 and 6 + cases will be readily avaliable
  • His Apple Retail Store allowed people to line up at 4am the day of openning in the past. Mall security tends to not allow people inside until 4am.
  • VERY LOW stock of iPhone 6 + for example they are pulling from their inventory to create Demo units for people to play with in store on launch day. They NEVER had to do this in the past.
  • Apple Stores will be catering to all carrier's payment plans from ATT's NEXT to T-mobile's Jump Plans etc.
  • You do not need to setup your new iPhone in store. You may purchase and set it up at home if you like.
  • Apple Stores get whats called "Drop Shipments" no idea what that means... Lets just say they dont know when or how many more iPhones they are getting until they are there...

Goodnight everyone.;)

I work at RadioShack and we are also working the iPhone 6 launch. Drop shipments are shipments solely of iPhones.. We're getting ours at 6 am Friday. We have no idea how many will be in there until then.

Skittlebug

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2014
I may be one of the people barbourdg is talking about. I posted about this yesterday.
I called Apple yesterday to ask a question about the 6+ SIM card and the gentleman offered to search all of Dallas/Fort Worth Apple stores for 6+s and he told me that NONE of the stores would have any on launch day. I am so glad I preordered but I feel sorry for folks that are camping out in hopes of getting a 6+.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.