Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

robway

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 18, 2014
Since updating to iOS8 my video's app doesn't seem to have bought over the metadata (video descriptions) or images (such as film artwork) across.

This is not for purchases from the iTunes store, but for video's i have imported myself using iFlicks to obtain data & artwork.

Has this happened to everyone?

ruiterj

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2014
Hey, I've got the same. After iOS8 my own videos have not icon / thumb / thumbnail any more. I use the standard Apple Video App. Anyone had any luck in how to repair this?

ajhard

macrumors member
Sep 26, 2012
Same here - very frustrating for my 2 year old!

Anyone had success resolving this?

megalaser

macrumors 6502
Nov 17, 2009
changing the cover pic to tiny thumbnails can't be the solution because then it would be too small to work on Apple TV and in the iTunes browser. If this isn't a bug it's a totally ridiculous change that Apple has made.

ruiterj

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2014
Indeed. I have not changed the thumbs, but I did change the type of video to "home video "(don't know if I'm correct about the spelling, don't know what the English version of "thuisvideo" is). After first deleting all and then sync all thumbs are present.

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
Indeed. I have not changed the thumbs, but I did change the type of video to "home video "(don't know if I'm correct about the spelling, don't know what the English version of "thuisvideo" is). After first deleting all and then sync all thumbs are present.

This worked for me also. Thanks

virtuosity

macrumors member
Jun 12, 2008
Manchester, UK
This is not a change, it simply has to be a bug. A home video is a home video, and a TV show is a TV show - users shouldn't have to change all their TV shows to home videos to workaround an artwork defect - this is not a solution, it's a coincidental frig!
And users shouldn't have to go through years worth of back catalogues to change artwork to a resolution that suits Apple - artwork on songs and videos with any resolution has worked for years, there's no reason on God's earth why they would start restricting and constraining this now.

Is there someone with an Apple developer account who can replicate this bug and verify / log this as such with Apple at all?

CB555

macrumors newbie
Nov 4, 2014
Video Thumbnails

This works for me. Thanks. I wish, though, Apple would put things back the way they were.

earhartc

macrumors newbie
Dec 28, 2014
Fix !!

I too changed my videos to home video by double clicking, get info, options, click on the Media Kind and change to home video.

I originally tried to move the video to my home screen and then re-importing, when I did it changed them to home video. In stead of re-importing I then just changed the remaining ones to the home video and then re-synced and they all worked!!!

CB555

macrumors newbie
Nov 4, 2014
Video Thumbnails

Someone posted a fix for this that worked for me, although, it's time consuming. The empty gray rectangles for the thumbnails are now vertical. I resized my thumbnails so they are 3" high x 2" wide. Once replacing with the new size and then syncing, the thumbnails now show up. I'm not happy about having to take the time, but, at least, it works. Apple should really fix this.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.