Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Macnificant

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 26, 2008
I was in Best Buy this morning and they had a whole area empty were cases are located. There were labels on the displays and it looked liked iPhone 6 and 6 plus cases were going to be stocked there.

I was a the local Verizon store and saw a few iPhone 6 cases but nothing for 6 plus.

Anyone else see cases in stores yet?

stephen1108

macrumors 65816
Sep 30, 2007
Carrier stores have been loading up cases already. Best Buy isn't until tomorrow though, which is weird because previously they would have cases out before anyone else did.

orangecrushv

macrumors regular
Jun 30, 2010
Dallas
I bought a store brand 6 plus case at best buy in Addison, TX yesterday... Just depends on your store's delivery schedule...

rwilliams

macrumors 68040
Apr 8, 2009
Raleigh, NC
I just bought a cheap Insignia case for the 4.7-inch phone from Best Buy. Solid black, no fuss. They had a lot of cases for both models of the phone on the shelves.

bleighv

macrumors regular
Jun 11, 2010
California
I just called our local Best Buy and was told they won't be putting out their iPhone 6/6+ cases until tomorrow. So lame.

neoJeets

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2014
Gonna have to pick up a case locally tomorrow since the ones I have on order won't come in till maybe next week. The official Apple cases seem a bit too pricey for what they are so I hope the other retailers have a good selection.

Archerious

macrumors 6502
Dec 12, 2010
Texas
I haven't seen any in-store cases yet. But I have everything I'm getting from Amazon. I got an OctoArmor case, and a Tech Armor screen protector. That's all for me for now.

Right here bro. I picked up the Tech Armor Tempered Glass protector for $10.99 off Amazon. I paid for the prime $3.99 overnight shipping so it arrives tomorrow, and the same with my Spigen Touch Armor. $35 for both with prime overnight shipping. Not bad eh?

dianestory2

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2014
Right here bro. I picked up the Tech Armor Tempered Glass protector for $10.99 off Amazon. I paid for the prime $3.99 overnight shipping so it arrives tomorrow, and the same with my Spigen Touch Armor. $35 for both with prime overnight shipping. Not bad eh?

Not bad at all. Love my phone....

Sylon

macrumors 68020
Feb 26, 2012
Michigan/Ohio, USA
I went to my local Best Buy yesterday and they were damn near cleaned out of cases for the iPhone 6. They still had a few for the 6+, but for my 6 model, it was extremely slim pickings.

Archerious

macrumors 6502
Dec 12, 2010
Texas
Not bad at all. Love my phone....

Me too, but the Tech Armor Tempered Glass screen protector disappointed me.

It struggles to stay near the edge.

Really debating on ordering a iSmooth or Spigen and returning this Tech armor one as defective.

It let dirt get under my screen near the edges.

It will probably scratch the hell out of the screen now.

MrXiro

macrumors 68040
Nov 2, 2007
Los Angeles
Yes, the Best Buy near me had them in black and purple. It looks very cheap imo. The functionality might be ok..it just opens but don't have any magnetic to keep it close when you put your phone in. Very flimsy as well.

Cool... pass then. I ordered the Apple Leather case but now I'm reading about bubbling... :-/

RollTideFanGrl

macrumors regular
Oct 4, 2013
Cool... pass then. I ordered the Apple Leather case but now I'm reading about bubbling... :-/

I went to Apple this weekend and they didn't have any silicone cases so I ordered Speigen case on Amazon in the meantime. I purchased two leather cases last year and vowed to never get another one.

davideotape

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2012
Best buy case prices always seem to be $15 higher than they should be, not including the official apple cases, which are the normal price

Ann P

macrumors 68020
Jun 29, 2009
California
Picked up the Insignia case as per a forum member's recommendation. Thin, and offers decent amount of protection. Just hope it doesn't turn yellow.

DSC_0426-2.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.