Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nukkabs

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 19, 2014
Roommate "accidentally" mac addressed filtered me for the weekend he is spending in the keys. I currently have no internet on my iPhone 5s at all (including data). I want to jailbreak it and spoof the address but I have no way to do so. The computer I am using currently has no administrative privileges and can only download programs. I've tried downloading Pangu jailbreak for 7.1.2 and transferring to my personal computer to install it but the program requires an internet connection. I want to spoof my mac address so I can log back onto the wifi until the weekend. There is no way to contact him because he left his phone so he wouldn't be disturbed while with his family. I need a program and a method that'll work without internet to do this task. Help me please !

nukkabs

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 19, 2014
It is not possible to spoof a MAC address on a 5S or other iOS 7 device.

I've seen multiple sources that said it was possible with terminal. Also, It would still be nice to get this done anyways. Thanks for your time and your reply :)

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
Use a free wifi or something till he gets back.
If multiple sources told you its possible then have them show you how and do it. And then show us too cause as far I know it cannot be done.

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
On iOS 4 and below it could be down via a Terminal on iOS. But Apple changed that on iOS 5 and it no longer works without making iOS very unstable and it no longer works at all on iOS 6+.

Carlanga

macrumors 604
Nov 5, 2009
Interesting then how does the randomization security work since the company that is running the wifi can know the device real ip?

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
It works in that when iOS is looking for wireless networks it randomizes its MAC address so that you cannot passively be tracked by it. It is assumed that you will primarily connect to wireless networks that you trust or own, in which case if the real MAC address is shared it isn't a problem.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.