Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vEvo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 21, 2012
I will be upgrading to the 6 from a 4S which, in my opinion, has a pretty great sound output. Just looking to gauge what I will be in for when I pop my headphones in for the first time. Anybody have any thoughts or initial impressions about how the new 6 sounds with some good quality source files and decent cans to try em with? Or, even better, has anybody measured the output from the 6 yet?

Lemme hear what you think! (no pun intended)

Thanks much

antiprotest

macrumors 68040
Apr 19, 2010
I think the audio from the headphones is better but I'm not certain.

The speaker is definitely better and louder. Very noticeable.

madKIR

macrumors 6502a
Feb 2, 2010
NYC
Excellent!
However, the quality on the 5S was already top-notch.

The speaker is definitely better as mentioned above

davistld01

macrumors 6502a
Aug 6, 2008
Springfield, MO
My number one complaint about every iPhone ive owned so far (and I've owned them all), is the poor speaker performance. Volume itself was far too low, and the quality of sound was abbysmal. I must say, those things are not so with my iPhone 6! It's great!

munkydust

macrumors member
May 2, 2010
I've been using the speaker on my 6 a lot over the last couple of days to play music from my pocket while playing outside with my daughter. It is loud and no distortion with the volume turned up all the way. I'm pleasantly surprised by the quality of that tiny speaker.

rnrknott

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2014
I love the audio compared to many other phones. Sound quality on calls very good - music very good through speaker and headset.

vEvo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 21, 2012
Good to hear the positive feedback. I look forward to trying it out when I pick mine up later this week.

andyp350

macrumors 6502a
Aug 14, 2011
Call quality sounds very good. Music out of the built in speaker is awful as expected, but then I am a bit of a snob when it comes to video and audio quality.

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2012
Call quality sounds very good. Music out of the built in speaker is awful as expected, but then I am a bit of a snob when it comes to video and audio quality.

Lucky then you did not get the Plus. I listened to music using one today at an Apple Store. Awful is not the right word. :)

KenAFSPC

macrumors 6502a
Sep 12, 2012
Call audio quality on the iPhone 6 is slightly better than the 5S.

The speaker on the 6 is noticeably better than the one in the 5S (at least for conference calls).

kerrikins

macrumors 65816
Sep 22, 2012
Imo the audio is pretty good. It was the first thing I noticed yesterday when I played a song.

Billymac19

macrumors regular
Apr 29, 2011
Phila, PA
Call audio quality on the iPhone 6 is slightly better than the 5S.

The speaker on the 6 is noticeably better than the one in the 5S (at least for conference calls).

personally id say as far as loudness its slightly louder not much at all, maybe being im over 40 now haha i dunno, but earpiece/speakerphone still isnt all that loud, too me seems the same as 5s...quality is good but loudness not too me on the 6 plus

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.