Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jwilldj

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 12, 2011
I'm an apple fan, and i love the larger screen and ios system.

But after playing with the phone for a day, i'm disappointed

1. The phone material feels more and more like Samsung junk. It says it's made of aluminum, but it just feels plastic. Compared to the gorgeous iphone 4 and 5s body, it just feels and looks so much uglier

2. How can they make a phone with camera lens sticking out? The lens touches wherever you place the phone on. And overtime, even some scratch on the lens will severely affect the image quality.

3. The lines on the back are just plain ugly.

It's a rushed product that needs a lot improvement. It's not an "Apple" quality product. It sells well only bc the eco system and ios system and ppl've been waiting for a larger phone from apple.

Tim Cook sucks.

Now i see what the larger screen from Apple looks like. for the first time, i start considering getting a phone not made from Apple next time i upgrade

SCMedic

macrumors regular
Feb 8, 2008

1. The phone material feels more and more like Samsung junk. It says it's made of aluminum, but it just feels plastic. Compared to the gorgeous iphone 4 and 5s body, it just feels and looks so much uglier

2. How can they make a phone with camera lens sticking out? The lens touches wherever you place the phone on. And overtime, even some scratch on the lens will severely affect the image quality.

It's a rushed product that needs a lot improvement. It's not an "Apple" quality product. It sells well only bc the eco system and ios system and ppl've been waiting for a larger phone from apple.

Tim Cook sucks.

Now i see what the larger screen from Apple looks like. for the first time, i start considering getting a phone not made from Apple next time i upgrade

So did posting this on the internet make you feel better?

Kaenon

macrumors regular
Oct 4, 2011
Why bash a guy for stating his opinion. Apple swung a bit bigger on this release and they hit a pop-fly. Maybe they'll do better next time.

shaunmed

macrumors regular
Jun 26, 2010
6 feels great and an improvement over the 5. as far as the lines on the back, please, you'd probably complain if there weren't lines on the back. "the back needs some lines to break up all that aluminum."

Tim Cook is a dufus tho. Apple watch is gonna be a tremendous flop.

jargon51

macrumors 6502
Jun 28, 2010
I'm not gonna bash the guy but going to ask you why did you buy it then? You knew what the phone was going to be? The only tangible thing you didn't know was how it would feel in your hand.

If you don't like it then go and return it. Problem solved.

Tthomas612

macrumors 65816
Aug 24, 2013

Tim Cook sucks.

You realize almost all flagship smart phones and pjs lets has protruding lenses?

This phone is definitely not uglier than the 5/5s as I was not fond of that design.

If you're so unhappy there's always ... Samsung, HTC, Nokia, lg, Sony, huawei, and last but not least Motorola. All of which either run android or windows... Have fun with that.

M5RahuL

macrumors 68040
Aug 1, 2009
TeXaS
I have both, the 6+ and Note 3...and honestly they're both awesome devices.

Nothing ugly about the iP6+ at all...at least not the silver one I got. Build quality is above par, and the camera lens is well protected with a decent cover.

Sure, it will not please everyone...but it isn't disappointing to say the least. :)

oplix

Suspended
Jun 29, 2008
New York, NY
Sorry OP but you sound full of s***. What happened? You were peer pressured into buying it and now you are disappointed? Didn't you look at it prior to purchase?

The materials feel just as premium as any other iphone. Your story is cool but doesn't make much sense, bro.

drober30

macrumors 6502a
Jul 5, 2007
Camera won't scratch it has a sapphire lens.

I have banged my Tag Heuer watch around for 1 1/2 years and the face of the watch is perfect. That sapphire crystal is amazing!

msb3079

macrumors 6502a
Apr 20, 2010
collingswood. nj

Tim Cook sucks.

1 - The aluminum is pretty damn close to what's used on the MacBooks. Definitely not cheap looking, in my opinion. 4 is nowhere near as classy looking. I do think you may have an argument with the 5, though. They are just different.

2 - I prefer having the phone thinner with a slightly protruding lens. I think it makes it look a little more classy. Makes the camera more "real".

3 - I dig the lines on the back. I'm a fan of contrast, though. I think if it was just all one solid color, it would look bland.

Nothing about the phone was "rushed"... they spend quite some time on it. But I hear you. I am personally disappointed with the size. The 4.7" is a bit too big for me but I'm trying to give it a chance and see if I can adjust, before returning. But I think the overall design is great. I'd kill to have the exact phone with a 4.3" screen.

Tthomas612

macrumors 65816
Aug 24, 2013
Why bash a guy for stating his opinion. Apple swung a bit bigger on this release and they hit a pop-fly. Maybe they'll do better next time.

A pop-fly? This phone is super nice and IMO a step up from the 5/5s. It won't compare to the 4, but we've got to
Stop living in 2010 and 2011.

Apple did great with the iPhone 6 and 6 plus and I'm sure the launch weekend numbers will show it

----------

1 - The aluminum is pretty damn close to what's used on the MacBooks. Definitely not cheap looking, in my opinion. 4 is nowhere near as classy looking. I do think you may have an argument with the 5, though. They are just different.

2 - I prefer having the phone thinner with a slightly protruding lens. I think it makes it look a little more classy. Makes the camera more "real".

3 - I dig the lines on the back. I'm a fan of contrast, though. I think if it was just all one solid color, it would look bland.

Nothing about the phone was "rushed"... they spend quite some time on it. But I hear you. I am personally disappointed with the size. The 4.7" is a bit too big for me but I'm trying to give it a chance and see if I can adjust, before returning. But I think the overall design is great. I'd kill to have the exact phone with a 4.3" screen.

I would've loved 4.3", but that's what the 5/5s should've been instead of 4" I think

geoff5093

macrumors 68020
Sep 16, 2014
Dover, NH
I was disappointed when I watched the iPhone 6 announcement as well. I was dead set on buying one, and I was really hoping the leaks were false about the look of the new phone. What has been a deal breaker for me so far was that they continue to use huge top and bottom bezels, making a small 4.7" display feel like a huge phone. I mean, my LG G3 has a 5.5" screen and when put next to my friends iPhone 6 in a slim case they are the same size. That along with the specs (weak battery, again compared to the 3000mAh in my very similar sized G3, 1GB of RAM, etc.). Looks like I'll be holding out for the iPhone 6S.

msb3079

macrumors 6502a
Apr 20, 2010
collingswood. nj
A pop-fly? This phone is super nice and IMO a step up from the 5/5s. It won't compare to the 4, but we've got to
Stop living in 2010 and 2011.

Apple did great with the iPhone 6 and 6 plus and I'm sure the launch weekend numbers will show it

----------

I would've loved 4.3", but that's what the 5/5s should've been instead of 4" I think

Yeah. A 4.3" would have fit nicely in the 5/5s. Reduced bezels.

AdonisSMU

macrumors 604
Oct 23, 2010
I was disappointed when I watched the iPhone 6 announcement as well. I was dead set on buying one, and I was really hoping the leaks were false about the look of the new phone. What has been a deal breaker for me so far was that they continue to use huge top and bottom bezels, making a small 4.7" display feel like a huge phone. I mean, my LG G3 has a 5.5" screen and when put next to my friends iPhone 6 in a slim case they are the same size. That along with the specs (weak battery, again compared to the 3000mAh in my very similar sized G3, 1GB of RAM, etc.). Looks like I'll be holding out for the iPhone 6S.

Since when is 2day battery life "weak"

ET iPhone Home

macrumors 68040
Oct 5, 2011
Orange County, California USA

Tim Cook sucks.

LOL! I loved reading your complaint. I felt the same when I saw the 6 on display at Apple. I left after 5 minutes and I figured I'll decide on it later, contemplating as I walk out the door on a 5S. :D

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
1. If it's aluminum (and it is), I am not sure how they could change how it "feels" to you. Aside from the shape, the back of the phone feels like my previous phones, meterial-wise. Maybe you are used to the rough edges of the last four years of iPhones? This feels a lot like the original iPhone to me, which was always touted (still is) as a well built product.

2. I don't know what ultimately made this happen. I do know that it has been on the iPod touch a while and doesn't seem to have ever caused an uproar. If it did, I missed it. EIther way, I agree. It looks a little worse than it would if it was flush.

3. I agree, to a point. Gold got it bad. I am not terribly bothered by the lines though. My feeling is that NFC had a lot to do with it. They keep adding antennas to the exterior chassis it seems every refresh, so something had to give. I would rather have this than the "antennagate" issue of the iPhone 4's days.

Not sure why you feel the product was rushed. We have heard rumors of a phone this size for years. For all we know the iPhone 5/5S were the rushed product because, for whatever reason, Apple wasn't ready to enter the 4.7 and 5.5 inch markets.

I am personally much more disappointed in the Apple watch. It literally does nothing for me that would entice me to buy it. Maybe someday as a fitness tracker. But with the features it currently has, $350 is far too steep.

Rud3Bwoy

Suspended
Oct 9, 2011
as someone said why did you buy it?did you buy it not knowing what you was purchasing?should of played with one at apple before purchasing it.you have 14 days to return btw

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.