Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Wardmolly

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 22, 2014
Basically I was messing around with changing my IP address but obviously didn't work and regret a lot. And in the end it kept saying "another computer on this networks connected to the same IP" which is obviously right as I have a phone, iPad Etc on the same ip. I then tried resetting my router which was what was said to do online. I also tried going into networks where I was in the first place and renew DHCP Lease but that also comes up with the same message above. I've basically tried everything and if Apple give me advice it costs while virgin media who my router is with also has no idea what to do...

If I restore my laptop to factory settings would it sort out the IP address?/ anyone have any idea what to do?

Update
Have rang up virgin media and they have changed my IP address for me but STILL it shows a full connected wifi signal but no internet connection when I load up google and I have tried on various different browsers

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.