Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fessura

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 29, 2009
It seems that all the previous thin cases were often uncovered on the top for the power button and the bottom for the ports. With the iPhone 6, since the power button moved, I think I prefer a style like the Apple cases, with only the bottom uncovered. Anyone know if there's other similar cases?

Derek87

macrumors 6502a
Jan 29, 2009
It seems that all the previous thin cases were often uncovered on the top for the power button and the bottom for the ports. With the iPhone 6, since the power button moved, I think I prefer a style like the Apple cases, with only the bottom uncovered. Anyone know if there's other similar cases?

i actually haven't seen the Apple firsthand, but i think this might be something worth considering. i picked this up as a "placeholder" last friday, but after using it for almost a week, i may just use it as my case permanently:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/insignia-case-for-apple-iphone-6-black/8451428.p;jsessionid=1A86301D090E4C00FBEDD9B0C74F814C.bbolsp-app03-180?id=1219334914807&skuId=8451428&st=categoryid$abcat0811006&cp=1&lp=2

it has a nice grippy texture, maintains the overall thin profile of the phone (8-8.5mm), protects the camera protrusion, and gives a small lip for lay down protection on the front. i also like the fact that there is zero logo on it.

all for $14.99. i really am glad i found it. if i were to issue on complaint, the buttons responsiveness in only fair. not bad by any stretch, but certainly not as nice as the original buttons. but it works fine. i'm sure if one self modified it with some extra cushion strips, the click-feel would improve, too.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.