Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Justin Chaos

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 28, 2014
Amsterdam
Hey there, got my phone since 2010, it belongs to Orange UK whom I had a contract with.
After the first 18 months I did not renew the contract and kept the phone which was jailbroken, eventually I unlocked it with redsn0w...everything was fine...I kept on updating the jailbreak with no issues 'til last year when somebody advised that I should update to ios6 in order to make the phone slightly faster, being jailbroken & old didn't make for a very speedy performance so any chance of stepping up the tempo sounded great.
So...I did upgrade bricking the hell out of the device, then tried to jailbreak it with...can't even remember, it was not evasion...fact is, it didn't work, AT ALL. So...all I have now is the brick and this."The SIM card inserted in this iPhone does not appear to be supported.
The SIM card that you currently have installed in this iPhone is from a carrier that is not supported..."
Question is...
Is there anything for me to do???
I was wondering if it's not worth buying a pay as you go Orange UK and then jailbreak and unlock??? As I cannot find any viable software option to save the situation
Please...HELP !!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.