Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

beachmusic

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 12, 2013
St. George Island
I upgraded to Yosemite but forgot to remove wsa before the upgrade. I can not figure out how to uninstall this thing. I tried shutting it down and dragging it to the trash but it doesn't budge. Need some help with this please.

crjackson2134

macrumors 601
Mar 6, 2013
Charlotte, NC
Appcleaner doesn't work on Yosemite for me. I get an error telling me this OSX version isn't supported.

When I go to the app home page, it only states support up to 10.9

beachmusic

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 12, 2013
St. George Island
Weaselboy... i tried that but it only got rid of part of the program. I still had wfdaemon and wsdaemon running. Could not kill these. They just kept coming back.

BGG ... that is a final option. I can do that but it takes so long. Maybe 6 or 7 hrs all total.

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
Weaselboy... i tried that but it only got rid of part of the program. I still had wfdaemon and wsdaemon running. Could not kill these. They just kept coming back.

Try using the app iFileX to search for "webroot" and also those daemon files. I know in Mavericks Finder does not by default throughly search the /Library folders, so you might be missing something.

beachmusic

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 12, 2013
St. George Island
WB... what a awesome little app. Do you know if it will run from boot mode?

thought about going back to boot mode and trashing webroot then removing the left overs using this program.

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
WB... what a awesome little app. Do you know if it will run from boot mode?

thought about going back to boot mode and trashing webroot then removing the left overs using this program.

You mean from safe boot mode... yes it will.

It is a great app and much easier than messing with Finder for these kinds of searches.

beachmusic

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 12, 2013
St. George Island
Wow, it worked! I finally got rid of the app. Did it all from Safe Boot Mode. Webroot is great for pc's but not so much for mac's. It was using lot of cpu %.
A lot more then when I ran it on the pc.

Trying to go strictly Apple for everything and dumping all pc items including software.

Thanks WB :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.