Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Prissy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 7, 2009
Okay so I took off the 3M Spray that I applied over my screen and tried out the skinomi screen protector I received today.

The Skinomi Screen Protector covers the whole the entire screen edge to edge on the iPhone 6 Plus. The cutouts are about 95% being a perfect fit for the earpiece, touch ID button, etc. as you can see in the pics. If you look under the light at a certain angle you'll see that the screen protector is not 100% invisible; It is also not a scratch-proof film, so be careful with your nails, you will scratch it and leave a mark on this screen protector.

The phone is also fitted with the clear Spigen Air Skin. It looks real clean and thin, probably one of the best case that let's your iPhone 6+ keeps its original design. The fit is about 98%, the spacings around the two volume button could've been molded better, but I am just talking about 1mm). The material is very cheap, it is what it is... Again, be careful when you take the case off the phone, a slight bent can leave a bending mark on the case.

Attachments

• DSC01501a.jpg
    DSC01501a.jpg
    396.3 KB · Views: 1,776
  • DSC01502a.jpg
    DSC01502a.jpg
    338.1 KB · Views: 1,428
  • DSC01504a.jpg
    DSC01504a.jpg
    306.2 KB · Views: 6,790
  • DSC01508a.jpg
    DSC01508a.jpg
    315.8 KB · Views: 1,096
  • DSC01509a.jpg
    DSC01509a.jpg
    316.6 KB · Views: 1,029

Prissy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 7, 2009

Attachments

• DSC01513a.jpg
    DSC01513a.jpg
    263.7 KB · Views: 784
  • DSC01510a.jpg
    DSC01510a.jpg
    323.2 KB · Views: 645

reebs

macrumors 6502
Feb 18, 2004
Is this the full body skin or just the screen? Also can you comment on the clarity?

Prissy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 7, 2009
Is this the full body skin or just the screen? Also can you comment on the clarity?

I only have the front screen protector and that would cover all the green area. I am not totally satisfied with clarity. Like I said in the OP the screen protector is not 100% invisible, I am not sure how I would describe it, but it looks wavy and not smooth.

But over all I am happy because this is probably the best set-up right now.

Attachments

• attachment.jpg
    attachment.jpg
    326.4 KB · Views: 396

iEnvy

macrumors 65816
Jun 25, 2010
DFW
Whoa that's a thin case! :eek:

Found a replacement for the Apple silicone case!

cwosigns

macrumors 68020
Jul 8, 2008
Columbus,OH
Can you post some pics of the back of the device? This case is being delivered to me today. Same phone (silver/white), but the only color Amazon had in stock that I liked was the gray. Hope it looks alright.

iEnvy

macrumors 65816
Jun 25, 2010
DFW
Can you post some pics of the back of the device? This case is being delivered to me today. Same phone (silver/white), but the only color Amazon had in stock that I liked was the gray. Hope it looks alright.

Same here. I want to see how intrusive the branding is before buying on Amazon. :D

Prissy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 7, 2009

Same here. I want to see how intrusive the branding is before buying on Amazon. :D

I only have 2 photos of the back with the case on. The pics are pretty bad, but it looks super clean and simple in person.

Attachments

• attachment.jpg
    attachment.jpg
    245.9 KB · Views: 1,097
  • attachment-1.jpg
    attachment-1.jpg
    227.6 KB · Views: 1,743

thelookingglass

macrumors 68020
Apr 27, 2005
Whoa that's a thin case! :eek:

Found a replacement for the Apple silicone case!

The branding on this isn't bad at all. It's etched in, so it's hard to see unless you look carefully. Spigen did a good job. Another alternative that I personally like better because it's marginally thinner is the Caudabe Veil. Here: http://www.caudabe.com/collections/iphone-6-accessories/products/the-veil-ip6-frost

But, just a word to the wise, if you were looking at the silicone case previously, this one is going to be a lot thinner. I've had this type of case since my prior iPhone 5s and 5 and it WILL break easily. Just know what you're getting or you'll be disappointed. I personally love this type of case, but it's not for everybody.

VSMacOne

macrumors 603
Oct 18, 2008
Ordered the same case from Amazon and getting the brown leather case from Apple for my gold 6. I used to have a Veil for my iPhone 5s and an Apple leather case as well and they worked really well. Not sure about the screen protector yet...

Prissy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 7, 2009
Ordered the same case from Amazon and getting the brown leather case from Apple for my gold 6. I used to have a Veil for my iPhone 5s and an Apple leather case as well and they worked really well. Not sure about the screen protector yet...

I have seen some comparison pics between the thinnest Veil vs the Shumuri case, they look exactly the same, but I think the volume cut-outs on the Shumuri is better than Spigen, but again... Spigen is almost 1/2 the price and same material.

Pez555

macrumors 68020
Apr 18, 2010
Can you post a link to where you bought this?

Looks better than the iloome

VSMacOne

macrumors 603
Oct 18, 2008
I have seen some comparison pics between the thinnest Veil vs the Shumuri case, they look exactly the same, but I think the volume cut-outs on the Shumuri is better than Spigen, but again... Spigen is almost 1/2 the price and same material.

Yeah I will definitely be buying the Shumuri later, I just didn't want to wait so long for it. Especially since they are both made from the same material, I thought I'd give the cheap one a shot for now. And Amazon will deliver it by Wednesday of next week.

cwosigns

macrumors 68020
Jul 8, 2008
Columbus,OH
Just got the gray Spigen Air Skin for my white/silver 6 Plus. I don't like the way it looks. Just ordered the clear version, even though I have to wait for deliver. :( Why can't things be instant? LOL

cwosigns

macrumors 68020
Jul 8, 2008
Columbus,OH
Didn't see it answered but does the case extend beyond the camera lens? Thanks

No, but it's close enough that the phone doesn't wobble when laid on a flat surface. And given that the lens is sapphire, you shouldn't have to worry about scratching.

iEnvy

macrumors 65816
Jun 25, 2010
DFW
The branding on this isn't bad at all. It's etched in, so it's hard to see unless you look carefully. Spigen did a good job. Another alternative that I personally like better because it's marginally thinner is the Caudabe Veil. Here: http://www.caudabe.com/collections/iphone-6-accessories/products/the-veil-ip6-frost

But, just a word to the wise, if you were looking at the silicone case previously, this one is going to be a lot thinner. I've had this type of case since my prior iPhone 5s and 5 and it WILL break easily. Just know what you're getting or you'll be disappointed. I personally love this type of case, but it's not for everybody.

I have the Apple silicone case right now and it's pretty great. I think I may hold off on this really thin one as the Apple case is just fine for now.

cwosigns

macrumors 68020
Jul 8, 2008
Columbus,OH
On my 5s I have a black Air Jacket from a Japanese company whose name escapes me at the moment (Power Supply?). Loved the original version that had a small camera cutout that showed only glass (none of the metal of the phone). I ordered that one online. Apple started carrying similar cases in their store, but it has a HUGE cutout for the camera which makes it look terrible, IMHO.

Wondering what Power Supply will come out with for the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus.

thelookingglass

macrumors 68020
Apr 27, 2005
On my 5s I have a black Air Jacket from a Japanese company whose name escapes me at the moment (Power Supply?). Loved the original version that had a small camera cutout that showed only glass (none of the metal of the phone). I ordered that one online. Apple started carrying similar cases in their store, but it has a HUGE cutout for the camera which makes it look terrible, IMHO.

Wondering what Power Supply will come out with for the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus.

It's called Power Support. But that case is significantly thicker. The case OP is referencing is almost paper thin. Different feel completely.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.