Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

100thMonkey

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 26, 2014
Given how aggressive Apple is with examining defective/return units, do people think that Apple will make any revisions to newer iterations in the near term time frame?

Hal~9000

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2014
I don't think there is a chance in hell of them changing anything with the design this generation. They can barely keep up with demand as it is.

If there was even a sliver of hope that Apple would ever change design for known problem, then I would think they would have done something about the antennagate issue back for the iPhone 4... but they didn't.

Simply protect your 6 or wait for next years 6s if the bending media fiasco bothers you.

rui no onna

Contributor
Oct 25, 2013
Given how aggressive Apple is with examining defective/return units, do people think that Apple will make any revisions to newer iterations in the near term time frame?
Nope, don't think so. They might give away free cases, though.

Zinthar

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2006
They definitely won't make a visible design change, but it's certainly possible (and very probable) that Apple's engineers are analyzing units that failed during use and are making slight adjustments to product tolerances and machine calibrations in order to optimize yield and minimize the risk of shipping out defective products. That's what any rational company does when manufacturing a new product.

itsmemuffins

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2010
I don't know if they will change anything this year but i bet they will for the next one.

I'm thinking they will make the next one impossible to bend. just so we don't have to suffer the idiots going around bending iPhones every year from now on.

It will be like, here try and bend this... you broke your thumbs? Good...

saab9573

macrumors 6502
Jul 23, 2009
I don't know if they will change anything this year but i bet they will for the next one.

I'm thinking they will make the next one impossible to bend. just so we don't have to suffer the idiots going around bending iPhones every year from now on.

It will be like, here try and bend this... you broke your thumbs? Good...

To strengthen the iPhone 6 and 6 plus they would have to thicken the whole phone even maybe change aluminium to something else.

They would also be admitting there's a design flaw

Not gonna happen!

itsmemuffins

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2010
To strengthen the iPhone 6 and 6 plus they would have to thicken the whole phone even maybe change aluminium to something else.

They would also be admitting there's a design flaw

Not gonna happen!

iPhone will be as thin and unbendable... watch this space.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.