Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lkrause52

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 30, 2014
Hi,
I am new to this forum. I received my iPhone 6 last Friday. I was wondering if the vibration strength was weak in anybody else's phones? I have an Adopted folio case on it but even without the case it is way weaker than my iPhone 5 was. I wanted to check with others before I make an appointment at the Apple Store to have it checked out. I have heard that because of how thin they are making the new phones, that the motor can't be as big which may cause the vibration to not be as strong. I keep my phone on vibrate all day while at work and if it weren't for my Pebble watch, I wouldn't know that I have received a text or notification. Would a different case make a difference? I like the folio because it protects the screen when in my purse as I didn't put a screen protector on it. Any thoughts would be a help. My main concern is whether I should have it looked at.

Ripcrod

macrumors regular
Oct 3, 2013
I think you could change the Vibration pattern

For me the default vibration on my 5s is too low and i missed many calls

I then changed the pattern and it's OK for me even with a Spigen armor case

lkrause52

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 30, 2014
Thanks

Thanks for the replies. I have changed the vibration pattern in settings already. My co-worker is having her 6 delivered today so when she brings it in tomorrow, I will see how it compares to mine. I know the 5's vibration was very strong as was a Moto X that I had. My son had a LG G3 and the vibration was not noticeable at all. That case is very thin as well. I had read that the thin cases don't allow for a large motor. I may try a different case as well.

trlyka

macrumors 6502a
Dec 26, 2011
I think you could change the Vibration pattern

For me the default vibration on my 5s is too low and i missed many calls

I then changed the pattern and it's OK for me even with a Spigen armor case

Is changing the pattern an iPhone 6 thing or iOS 8 thing? I still have the 5, but I haven't updated my software to iOS 8 yet. I will be getting the 6 soon. Thanks

lkrause52

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 30, 2014
Not An IOS8 Thing

No, I don't believe it is an IOS8 thing as I did it on my Iphone 5. When you go to sounds (lets say for text messages) if you scroll all the way to the top you will see vibration. You can then pick one of the stock vibration patterns or you can create new. You can have a different vibration for text, mail, rings, etc.. The only thing I can't do is give GMAIL it's own vibration as I loke the GMAIL app for my email and not the Apple stock one. If somebody knows how to give GMAIL it's own vibration pattern, let me know.

Ripcrod

macrumors regular
Oct 3, 2013
Is changing the pattern an iPhone 6 thing or iOS 8 thing? I still have the 5, but I haven't updated my software to iOS 8 yet. I will be getting the 6 soon. Thanks

Well I am still on iOS 7. I don't know if this still exists in iOS8

General -> Settings -> Sounds -> Vibration -> Ringtone

Also you can "create new vibration" pattern by tapping

trlyka

macrumors 6502a
Dec 26, 2011
Well I am still on iOS 7. I don't know if this still exists in iOS8

General -> Settings -> Sounds -> Vibration -> Ringtone

Also you can "create new vibration" pattern by tapping

Got it! Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.