Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CupertinoSlave

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 16, 2014
Tampa, FL
Is anyone's iPhone 6 screen darker in the top right corner?

UPDATE: Went to the Apple store last night and tried to exchange for a new one. The Apple store genius opened a brand new box and it had the same kind of darkness in the top right. Not sure whats going on.

Also most if not all of the model iphones had the same thing going on.

Last edited:

jamesgf

macrumors member
Oct 6, 2013
Mine has a slightly darker tint that is only noticeable on a white screen when the backlight is at ~25% or less. My 5s had a bit of this also, but it was across the entire top instead of just the upper right corner.

bevsb2

Contributor
Nov 23, 2012
The top right corner of my iPhone 6 is slightly darker too. More noticeable on lower light settings. I'm trying to ignore it as the phone is otherwise perfect.

Bigserver1

macrumors 6502
Sep 26, 2012
Mine has a slightly darker tint that is only noticeable on a white screen when the backlight is at ~25% or less. My 5s had a bit of this also, but it was across the entire top instead of just the upper right corner.

This is basically how mine is. If the screen is dim and I'm really looking for it, it's ever so slightly darker. If the screen is above 25% or so, or if the background is any color than white, I don't notice it at all.

Phone is otherwise perfect, so this wouldn't cause me to return.

markyr17

macrumors 65816
Apr 8, 2010
This is how all the iPhone 6's I have seen are - the iPhone 6 Pluses I have seen do not exhibit this problem

Kariya

macrumors 68000
Nov 3, 2010
Mine has this too. Sent it in for a replacement. If the new one has it too then I'll give up.

Screen uniformity is a big deal to me. Coz I'll be staring at the thing everyday for 12-24 months. I don't like settling for subpar stuff. Especially when it comes to screens.

Last edited:

Dlanod

macrumors 65816
Jul 11, 2008
UK
The three 6's I had all had dead/stuck pixels but they all had this top right hand of the screen too. I gave up because of the pixels and went for a 6+ and the screen is better with no shading. First 6+ had scuffs you could feel with your nail around the home button but second is near perfect.

CupertinoSlave

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 16, 2014
Tampa, FL
Went to the Apple store last night and tried to exchange for a new one. The Apple store genius opened a brand new box and it had the same kind of darkness in the top right. Not sure whats going on.

bevsb2

Contributor
Nov 23, 2012
Mine has this too. Sent it in for a replacement. If the new one has it too then I'll give up.

Screen uniformity is a big deal to me. Coz I'll be staring at the thing everyday for 12-24 months. I don't like settling for subpar stuff. Especially when it comes to screens.

I couldn't agree with you more, but I returned 3 iPad Airs because of yellow screens until I finally got a 4th that was good and don't want to go through that again, especially with a phone and contract. I can live with the slightly dimmer top upper corner and the screen seems to be good otherwise. Even with a slightly less than perfect screen I really love this upgrade from my iPhone 5.

rattler

macrumors regular
Jul 18, 2011
The right side of my screen is fine, but there's a dimmer yellowish area about an inch long around the upper left corner. It's only really noticeable when I have the brightness turned down.

sillywabbit

macrumors 6502a
Nov 10, 2012
iPhone 6 plus here: mine seems to be uniform.

I tried it at 25% 50 75 than 100% brightness, and it seems pretty uniform and blue'ish.

LostSoul80

macrumors 68020
Jan 25, 2009
So, is this the way all iPhone 6's are? Are people just not noticing it?

I did notice the same exact issue on a friends iPhone 6.
Why haven't you tried opening a new box in the Apple Store? If it were me, I would've just returned it.

that be me

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2013
I had the same issue. The upper right corner on my iPhone 6 screen was darker. Took it in for a replacement, walked out with a flawless iPhone. I did notice that most of the display 6s had this while none of the 6+s did.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.