Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rhenzhen

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 25, 2010
Does Disney Movie Anywhere app play on ATV via airplay? I just purchased one today and ready for pick-up. Wondering if it does work or not. Thanks!

martinm0

macrumors 6502a
Feb 27, 2010
I believe so. But it shouldn't matter. You can link DMA to itunes and all movies purchased in DMA will then show as purchased in itunes and you can stream without airplay on the apple tv.

Agreed. Also confirmed you can airplay to AppleTV from Disney app.

Rock on.

BJMRamage

macrumors 68030
Oct 2, 2007
I have in the past.

last night I couldn't and even after restarting AppleTV and iPhone, the movie clips would just ERROR when trying to get it to work.

razorroman

macrumors newbie
Mar 31, 2016
if you have disney anywhere you have all those movies automatically on iTunes don't you?

Yes, but that's assuming you are using it on your own AppleTV. What if you went to a friend's house who had an AppleTV but didn't own the movie and you wanted to watch? Or, in the case of how I found this thread, you want to use it on an AppleTV in a conference room.

I have not been able to get it to AirPlay, so I am assuming it is not enabled.

2010mini

macrumors 601
Jun 19, 2013
Yes, but that's assuming you are using it on your own AppleTV. What if you went to a friend's house who had an AppleTV but didn't own the movie and you wanted to watch? Or, in the case of how I found this thread, you want to use it on an AppleTV in a conference room.

And they are also available on YouTube if you linked your Google Play account to DMA.

Reactions: BJMRamage

crzdcolombian

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2010
I now have Disney anywhere linked to my google email, Amazon email, and ITunes accounts. So as long as you link your Disney anywhere account to your other video accounts it works.

As for does it work on other devices. I have 7 people using my Disney anywhere and it still works. Not sure if they can all watch the same movie at the same time but they def Can watch different ones

aneftp

macrumors 601
Jul 28, 2007
Disney is very powerful so they can cross license with Apple Amazon google streaming devices.

Too bad vudu can't stream on multiple devices.

It's a pain to have digital licenses to so many sources.

Reactions: tonyr6

bigcahuna12c

macrumors member
Aug 30, 2013

"Apple users can link their iTunes account to the Disney Movies Anywhere app and sync eligible films with their iTunes library. In a launch promotion, Disney is offering Pixar's The Incredibles for free to customers who enable this iTunes integration."

Do this all the time once you link DMA to your itunes account then anywhere you go with an apple tv simply sign them out & sign in with your account. Very simple & takes seconds to do.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.