Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

WilliamDu

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 22, 2012
Installed Yosemite this AM. Attempted to print Dymo label this PM.
Dymo software quit upon selecting print to use Dymo 400 Turbo Labelwriter.
Downloaded latest Dymo driver from Dymo site - same result.
Dymo operating perfectly prior to Yosemite installation.
Once again, Apple using we customers to QC their software instead
of doing their own complete testing.

Fixed. See below on similar threads for link that provides fix for this problem.

Last edited:

simonsi

Contributor
Jan 3, 2014
Auckland
Dymo will have had the opportunity to have the developer beta version for months and code and release any update necessary, you should beat them up.

Other developers and vendors have been releasing Yosemite updates for several weeks in readiness....

mrbaze

macrumors newbie
Mar 12, 2008
Austin, TX
Turbo 400 works with Ver. 8.4.0.1759 on Yosemite

I am using Ver. 8.4.0.1759 on Yosemite, and my old LabelWriter 400 Turbo is working fine, labels and stamps. It started working at Beta 5, and continued to work with the GA release.

I am very reluctant to "upgrade" to the newer version, 8.5.2 since it ain't broke. Anyone using it and a 400 Turbo?

Dymo Support

macrumors newbie
Oct 23, 2012
DYMO Label software version 8.5.2 has been tested and works on OSX 10.11 El Capitan. If you run into any issues try reinstalling the software and drivers.

^LM
DymoSupport

Reactions: page404

suzanne_martine

macrumors newbie
Oct 6, 2015
Copenhagen

Fixed. See below on similar threads for link that provides fix for this problem.

Sorry - I am new inhere so might do this totally wrong..
Can anyone tell me how I start a thread?
When I try it tells me to select as least one to receive it..?
Seems weird and I get confused

HoosierHokie

macrumors newbie
Oct 6, 2015
DYMO Label software version 8.5.2 has been tested and works on OSX 10.11 El Capitan. If you run into any issues try reinstalling the software and drivers.

^LM
DymoSupport

This isn't my experience - my LabelManager PnP does not work with El Capitan and Dymo 8.5.2. After the upgrade the printer was in a constant "error" state - removing the printer and uninstalling/reinstalling the 8.5.2 software doesn't prompt to add/create a new printer. An e-mail response from Dymo support says "Unfortunately we are currently testing our Dymo products with El Capitan, and at this moment you will not be able to use your device with El Capitan."

HoosierHokie

macrumors newbie
Oct 6, 2015
Phew, thank god I haven't installed as yet. I remember that in previous OS updates, its taken ages, so I guess I will not hold my breath.

I also have a Twin Turbo 450 on another machine, but I don't want to risk an upgrade there to test as that's our main office postage printing system.

dangerfish

macrumors 6502a
Aug 28, 2007
I upgraded my iMac to El Capitan yesterday. My twin turbo works fine. If done correctly, you won't get a prompt to install a new printer. Just plug the printer back in and it will work.

Unplug Printer and power down printer
Uninstall Dymo software
Install Dymo 8.5.2
Power up and plug printer back in
Launch Dymo software and print something

Last edited:

Mac... nificent

macrumors 6502a
Nov 20, 2012
I also have a Twin Turbo 450 on another machine, but I don't want to risk an upgrade there to test as that's our main office postage printing system.
Installed version 8.5.2.95 this morning and our Twin Turbo 450 works fine. Make sure you reboot your computer after installing the update.

HoosierHokie

macrumors newbie
Oct 6, 2015
There must be some difference regarding hardware interaction between the Twin Turbo 450 and the LabelManager PnP - no matter what I do, I can't get the LabelManager PnP to work. This includes uninstalling, rebooting, reinstalling, rebooting, and even resetting the printing system requiring me to re-add all of my printers. Upon connection the printer is never added to my list of available printers and the Dymo label software starts, says that no printer is present and asks if I want to add a network printer, and then quits when I decline. The PnP hardware itself is detected as a USB "drive" without an issue, allowing me to browse the contents of the device.

dangerfish

macrumors 6502a
Aug 28, 2007
The Dymo website says that software isn't required for the PNP. Its says to just plug it in and it will launch built in software. So if you install the 8.5.2 software and don't have the twin turbo plugged in, it will tell you there is no printer attached.
We use the twin turbo for postage too and it is working fine with our Endicia software on El Capitan.

HoosierHokie

macrumors newbie
Oct 6, 2015
The Dymo website says that software isn't required for the PNP. Its says to just plug it in and it will launch built in software.

Interesting point - the autorun stuff is always in reference to Windows, and doesn't work on Macs. But this did remind me to try the OSX version of the software included - it's a stripped down version of the regular Dymo software ("Dymo Label Light"). I always used the regular software because it has many more features, however in this case the included software does print, so I guess I'll make do with this for now. Thanks for the reminder!

jmbaker

macrumors newbie
Nov 20, 2014
There must be some difference regarding hardware interaction between the Twin Turbo 450 and the LabelManager PnP - no matter what I do, I can't get the LabelManager PnP to work. This includes uninstalling, rebooting, reinstalling, rebooting, and even resetting the printing system requiring me to re-add all of my printers. Upon connection the printer is never added to my list of available printers and the Dymo label software starts, says that no printer is present and asks if I want to add a network printer, and then quits when I decline. The PnP hardware itself is detected as a USB "drive" without an issue, allowing me to browse the contents of the device.

I ran into this same issue. I was able to use the standard Dymo software with the PNP, but if you want to use the stripped down software they have an updated version. I'd opened a ticket with them. Note that you can also copy this updated software back onto the drive in the PNP just by dragging it over and replacing what's currently there. Here is their response from back in June:

Dymo Logo
LABELMANAGER PNP PRINTS BLANK OR PARTIAL PRINTS LABEL FROM "DUMO LABEL LIGHT" ON MAC 10.10

Symptoms: blank text, partial printing

Solution: Please Download www.labelwriter.com/software/pnp/mac/DYMOLabelLight2.1.1.dmg and move it to your Applications folder once download is complete.

Note: Once you have installed this version of DLL to your Mac you will never need to run DLL from inside of the PnP again. Also if you ever need to install software onto another Mac you will need to install this file on to that Mac as well.

Dymo Support

macrumors newbie
Oct 23, 2012
I ran into this same issue. I was able to use the standard Dymo software with the PNP, but if you want to use the stripped down software they have an updated version. I'd opened a ticket with them. Note that you can also copy this updated software back onto the drive in the PNP just by dragging it over and replacing what's currently there. Here is their response from back in June:

Dymo Logo
LABELMANAGER PNP PRINTS BLANK OR PARTIAL PRINTS LABEL FROM "DUMO LABEL LIGHT" ON MAC 10.10

Symptoms: blank text, partial printing

Solution: Please Download www.labelwriter.com/software/pnp/mac/DYMOLabelLight2.1.1.dmg and move it to your Applications folder once download is complete.

Note: Once you have installed this version of DLL to your Mac you will never need to run DLL from inside of the PnP again. Also if you ever need to install software onto another Mac you will need to install this file on to that Mac as well.

Hello everyone!

I would just like to confirm that the above solution that Jmbaker has provided is indeed the correct solution that will take care of this type of problem.

I can also go ahead and confirm that all our current printers on the market are fully compatible with OS X 10.10 Yosemite without any problems.

Of course if the above does not help you or you have any other questions then you are very welcome to get in touch with us either through our website. Alternatively you can reply and I will be around to answer your questions.

Best regards,
Jesper K
DYMOSupport

Sandman619

macrumors newbie
Aug 7, 2007
San Diego, CA
Usually it is the peripheral makers that need to update their software when incompatibilities exist. This is why the OS developer generally releases the gold master to software developers so that they can get a head start making their software compatible with the new OS version.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.