Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wickedwahine11

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 2, 2013
Yep, I know I could get more money on eBay or Craigslist, but for convenience sake I always do trade ins at stores. I have a 128gb Air, and got widely different offers.

Gamestop (cash price) $215
Apple gift card $240
Target gift card $300
Walmart gift card $319.60
Gazelle: $335
Best Buy gift card $361

I didn't want to get it at Best Buy because it looks like you cannot preorder the 128gb for in store pickup, and I doubt Walmart or Target will have the 128gb in store.

If I was not going out of town on 10/28, I would preorder with Best Buy to be shipped as it has the best price option. Looks like I will have to wait and order it when I return or give up $100+ to get it at Apple before my trip.

Last edited:

Eileen89

macrumors 65816
Aug 12, 2014
Since I never bother with Places like eBay, I took Gazelles offer for almost $400. for my iPad Air. That covers about half of the cost of my iPad Air 2.

wickedwahine11

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 2, 2013
Since I never bother with Places like eBay, I took Gazelles offer for almost $400. for my iPad Air. That covers about half of the cost of my iPad Air 2.

That is really good. I have been nervous about sending in my iPad somewhere and being afraid they would change the offer or claim it never arrived or was in a different condition, etc. Perhaps I should look further into that as it would allow me to buy it at Apple.

Update: hmm, it is now $335 for my model. You got a good deal.

Eileen89

macrumors 65816
Aug 12, 2014
That is really good. I have been nervous about sending in my iPad somewhere and being afraid they would change the offer or claim it never arrived or was in a different condition, etc. Perhaps I should look further into that as it would allow me to buy it at Apple.

Update: hmm, it is now $335 for my model. You got a good deal.

I know a lot of people might not like selling their devices to places like Gazelle as you can get more selling it on Craigslist or eBay. However, I've sold many things to Gazelle and they have never changed the price they quoted and they are very quick to mail my check out after I receive the email that my item has been inspected.

urda

Suspended
Jun 15, 2010
San Francisco Bay Area
Honestly you already hit a major price drop due to the fact you are trying to off load it AFTER a new product launch.

For future reference: 1-2 weeks before a product announcement sell your device on Craigslist (CASH ONLY) or eBay for maximum dollar.

I did this with my iPad Mini Retina and got only about 100 less back than I paid in retail. Sure the person buying it could have waited 1-2 weeks and saved by buying after the Apple price drops ... but that isn't my problem.

You're not going to get much better deals now, since the price drops and of course the new hardware.

eagleglen

macrumors 65816
Oct 2, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
I'm planning to sell my iPad Air 64gb with cellular to Gazzelle for $325. I have used Craigslist in the past, but this seems the most convenient. If I have Gazelle put the funds in my PayPal account, does anyone know how much they charge to transfer them into my bank account?

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
I'm planning to sell my iPad Air 64gb with cellular to Gazzelle for $325. I have used Craigslist in the past, but this seems the most convenient. If I have Gazelle put the funds in my PayPal account, does anyone know how much they charge to transfer them into my bank account?

Just have them mail you a check.

The fewer people that know your bank checking account number the better.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.