Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

msk6261

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 22, 2011
I have an extra from my Ipad 2 that I never installed and now I need one for the Ipad air 2

I know the body is slimmer and lighter but is the screen size the same?

puma1552

Suspended
Nov 20, 2008
I have an extra from my Ipad 2 that I never installed and now I need one for the Ipad air 2

I know the body is slimmer and lighter but is the screen size the same?

not to be rude, but have you even thought to look at the two ipads? of course the ipad 2 protector wont fit, a ten second look on apples site will show you this.

addictzz

macrumors 6502
Jun 11, 2012
I think if the screen protector covers only the screen, not the bezel, it will fit. Although most screen protector will cover the entire face of iPad, thus protector frm iPad 2 won't fit Air 2.

Mr.C

macrumors 603
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.
It's unlikely to fit as the bezel on the iPad 2 is a different dimension and wider then that of the iPad Air 2. The only ones that will fit from the older models are those for the iPad Air.

msk6261

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 22, 2011
To answer the question..........

To help any one else who had never laid hands on an IPAD Air prior to upgrading from the 2 to the Air 2 (I was not even sure what they meant by the "Bezel" before I saw it)

The answer is no, it does not fit unless I want to do some very fine surgery to cut it down.

Thanks to those who answered my question constructively.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.