Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

solo118

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 16, 2011
Hey All

Just updated to Yosemite. I know its a lot to get used to, but for some reason I can't type in the address/search bar in Safari.

Anyone else have this issue or have some advice on how to fix this? I actually prefer using Safari over Chrome or whatever but I do not want to switch over for such a silly reason.

Thanks in advance!!

erhandler

macrumors newbie
Oct 20, 2014
Same Here

I am having the same issue with no solution. I have googled and googled, but nothing. Your message is the only thing I have found on the subject thus far. Please let me know if you find a solution and I will do the same.

-e

solo118

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 16, 2011
I am having the same issue with no solution. I have googled and googled, but nothing. Your message is the only thing I have found on the subject thus far. Please let me know if you find a solution and I will do the same.

-e

Restarted my computer a couple of times, and voila! Guess I am good to go now.

Rettun1

macrumors regular
Jan 13, 2010
I have this strange issue too. When I click the address bar, the blue lining appears along its edge, but the words inside don't change from the current web pages title. Isn't it suppose to show my bookmarks too? I have no such luck.

I've had this bug since Yosemite came out, so I have turned my computer on and off mang times

Late 2013 imac

HarryHenk

macrumors newbie
Sep 30, 2007
I have this strange issue too. When I click the address bar, the blue lining appears along its edge, but the words inside don't change from the current web pages title. Isn't it suppose to show my bookmarks too? I have no such luck.

I've had this bug since Yosemite came out, so I have turned my computer on and off mang times

Late 2013 imac

Click here:

Fix for Safari Freezing When Typing in Address Bar of Mac ...

This solved it for me...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.