Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nubizus

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 20, 2014
After serious thinking i make this statements.

1. Apple is no more. We have something different.
Reasons: The master supervision is in hands of man that not knows **** about aesthetic and design. He is just another moneymaker. Typical and predictable in strategy. There is no mantra in company that can drive unified vision for the future. Obviously inside the company we have lot of different points of view - aka Microsoft model. There is no Steve Jobs.

2. Apple desktop is dead.
Reasons: Focus is on mass consumer and semipro consumer. There is no apple software products targeted at professionals (Final Cut example). Apple desktop is for developers tied to the platform.
If you compare ios7 with Yousemite you will see that they are different. iOS have more depth and logic. iOS is primary software platform for the company.

3. Apple wants to be wearable company. And to collect data - Google model.

4. I don’t like it. For me computing must be desktop based with freedom and user control. I finally welcome Penguins in my life for real.
The King is naked, **** the Beauty Queen.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
The desktop computer is what is dead in a sense. Apple is changing so it doesn't get left behind. Just look at Dell, they're hemorrhaging money because consumers are not buying their products.

I find it sad that apple has largely abandoned the professional sector, but they're focusing on the consumer. With that said, I disagree with the assessment that they're mostly a wearables company. They have zero products that are considered wearables.

They're a consumer electronics company, which includes, mobile phones, iPods, tablets, computers (desktop/laptops), and various software applications that enhance the sales of those products

mercuryjones

macrumors 6502a
May 31, 2005
College Station, TX
After serious thinking i make this statements.

1. Apple is no more. We have something different.
Reasons: The master supervision is in hands of man that not knows **** about aesthetic and design. He is just another moneymaker. Typical and predictable in strategy. There is no mantra in company that can drive unified vision for the future. Obviously inside the company we have lot of different points of view - aka Microsoft model. There is no Steve Jobs.

2. Apple desktop is dead.
Reasons: Focus is on mass consumer and semipro consumer. There is no apple software products targeted at professionals (Final Cut example). Apple desktop is for developers tied to the platform.
If you compare ios7 with Yousemite you will see that they are different. iOS have more depth and logic. iOS is primary software platform for the company.

3. Apple wants to be wearable company. And to collect data - Google model.

4. I don’t like it. For me computing must be desktop based with freedom and user control. I finally welcome Penguins in my life for real.
The King is naked, **** the Beauty Queen.
That's just like, your opinion, man.

If you don't like they way they are going, don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya on the way out.

AdeFowler

macrumors 68020
Aug 27, 2004
England
Welcome to MacRumors nubizus. Based on Monday nights’ earnings report, plenty of people disagree with you.

Alimar

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2014
New York State
Minimalism

With every change, comes a bit of resistance. I accept the Apple way. Paradigms must be overcome. I can still do what I did before... and then some.

The user interface should not overpower creativity or productivity. Yosemite is minimalist, not distracting.

With the advent of Yo-te and iOS 8, I can do more than ever. When the ability to create becomes inhibited, then I will resist.

Long live 

nubizus

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 20, 2014
That's just like, your opinion, man.

If you don't like they way they are going, don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya on the way out.

Its from pain, man.
Sadness.
I clearly remember the time when i touch my first mac and feel that world of computing has hope, for me design and functionality of OS X was inspirational for my work as designer. I evangelized to my friends and clients reasons to use macs. UNIX. Security. Organic design. UI. UX. Every ****ing thing in Apple was ears ahead of stupid and non ergonomic Windows crap. Animations. Graphical richness. Depth. Now i have feeling that Apple is going backwards.
Consumer electronics? Why not have both. Why not have best desktop os, and best mobile os, why?
For trained eye is clear that ios is more crafted than Yousemite. More attention to detail, etc. I cannot believe that company with so much money cannot keep with their own standards. Change release date. Give it more value. Rethink it.
And stop following trends. Metro ui is a trend. From ****ing Microsoft. WTF?
You can have both skeuomorphic and simplified design. Get rid of stupid textures of icons, but stay in 2,5 dimension. Differentiation is a must.

----------

Welcome to MacRumors nubizus. Based on Monday nights’ earnings report, plenty of people disagree with you.

Sorry man, you sound like current apple CEO. Since when this is the only criteria for Apple. In hands of S.J. this was a tool to support innovation. Not the main reason to exist. If you get along with this crap you follow Microsoft mantra. And yes this is my personal problem. I realize that Apple of today is not for me and not for types of me. I shoot with Leicas for the same reason that i used macs, but Leicas are not for everyone. And Current Apple is for Everyone. For me its not good. But for everyone is:)

Fuchal

macrumors 68030
Sep 30, 2003
I think Yosemite is a step in the right direction, and it's not like it's missing a huge list of features from Mavericks. It looks and works great and seems rock solid so far (even through most of the public beta).

nubizus

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 20, 2014
I think Yosemite is a step in the right direction, and it's not like it's missing a huge list of features from Mavericks. It looks and works great and seems rock solid so far (even through most of the public beta).

This is what installer of Mavericks choose for me:
10712616_370334979797523_6215411020609016879_o.jpg

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
Another Monday morning quarterback. I got news for you, it's not Monday and you throw like a girl. :p

These almost daily predictions of Apple's demise are worse than what Apple went through in the 90s.

G4er?

macrumors 6502a
Jan 6, 2009
Temple, TX
The penguin is a flightless bird, a minority in the bird kingdom. Your opinion appears to be the minority in the Mac user kingdom. That's pretty accurate avatar if you ask me.

Or you could interpret the penguin as everyone being the same with no individuality. (Standard cliche of a group of penguins) Much like Apple appears to want all of its users to become. Take what we give you, we know what is best for you.

MacDawg

Moderator emeritus
Mar 20, 2004
"Between the Hedges"
Chicken Little said the sky was falling too
And there is no shortage of folks standing on street corners with signs saying "The End is Near"

I have most of Apple's devices...
rMBP
MBA
Thunderbolt display
iPad
iPad Mini
iPhone 5
Apple TV
Airport Extreme
et. al.

And I use their software...
Pages
Numbers
Keynote
and yes... even Final Cut Pro X

I am very happy with their offerings at this time
Including Yosemite and iOS 8

So not everyone shares your doom and gloom forecast

satcomer

Suspended
Feb 19, 2008
The Finger Lakes Region
The desktop computer is what is dead in a sense. Apple is changing so it doesn't get left behind. Just look at Dell, they're hemorrhaging money because consumers are not buying their products.

I find it sad that apple has largely abandoned the professional sector, but they're focusing on the consumer. With that said, I disagree with the assessment that they're mostly a wearables company. They have zero products that are considered wearables.

They're a consumer electronics company, which includes, mobile phones, iPods, tablets, computers (desktop/laptops), and various software applications that enhance the sales of those products

Dell has lost a lot of U.S. Government contracts! That had to hurt them hard.

case2001

macrumors 6502
Sep 9, 2010
I thought the same thing about IBM when they quit making the selectric typewriters. Look at them now. They should have listened to me. Where can a find one now!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.