Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

ollocliplensforiphone6.jpg
Popular photography accessory maker Olloclip today unveiled an all new 4-in-1 photo lens designed for the iPhone 6 and the 6 Plus. The 4-in-1 Photo Lens has been completely revamped for Apple's iPhone 6 devices and has gained several new features.

For the first time, the Olloclip lens is designed to work with both the front and rear-facing cameras, letting users take both traditional photos and selfies with the four lenses. Like previous Olloclip accessories, the newest version includes fisheye, wide-angle, 10x and 15x macro lenses.

Both the fisheye and the wide-angle lenses provide a wider field of view for iPhone photos, while the two macro lenses are designed for ultra close-up photos.

A single 4-in-1 Photo Lens is able to fit both the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus, and its new customizable pendant design allows it to be clipped to a backpack, lanyard, key ring, and more for easy access.
For enhanced portability, this new photo lens is now wearable through an included customizable pendant (package includes three colored pendants) and can be clipped to a backpack, lanyard, key ring or just about anything. Easily accessible, your olloclip is always ready when that incredible photographic moment arises.
Olloclip's iPhone 6 and 6 Plus lens will be available beginning in late November, but it can be preordered today from the company's website for $79.99.

Article Link: Olloclip Debuts New 4-in-1 Photo Lens for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus

joshwenke

Suspended
Mar 26, 2011
Pretty cool concept if you're just carrying around your phone to take pictures.

Great iPhone camera + lens = awesome!

oneMadRssn

macrumors 603
Sep 8, 2011
It amazes me that people pay $80 for this, when there are nearly identical, and often time better, versions available for under $20.

Jimmy James

macrumors 603
Oct 26, 2008
Magicland
I used to joke that people who wanted 16 MP sensors we're going to find themselves with slr style lens mounts to get sufficient focal length. Here you go.

It's a neat idea, though, for those with an inclination towards photography.

Merkyworks

macrumors 6502
Oct 14, 2008
With the resents post of people complaining about overly aggressive noise reduction in the camera software I wonder how that will play with this.

GeneralChang

macrumors 68000
Dec 2, 2013
Code:

Where's my Call of Duty® Advanced Warfare™ edition iPhone 6 underslung grenade launcher attachment? I want to shorten my commute by blasting a few holes in walls on my way to work.

So, I was referring to the bayonet style mount for camera lenses, as detailed at the link below.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bayonet_mount

But I’d be down with Apple providing a mount for a literal bayonet as well.

SteveJobs2.0

macrumors 6502a
Mar 9, 2012
My question is if this works with slim cases such as the iPhone official cases. It is one thing to snap this on when needed. It is a much greater hassle and damage risk to have to remove the case every time before using this. (FYI, I didn't read the official product spec sheet, so this concern might have been addressed there.)

rickdollar

macrumors 6502
Mar 12, 2007
I used to joke that people who wanted 16 MP sensors we're going to find themselves with slr style lens mounts to get sufficient focal length. Here you go.

It's a neat idea, though, for those with an inclination towards photography.

No sufficient focal length, here. Only macro, fish, and wide.
I wish they would have incorporated a tele on this.

Last edited:

macduke

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
copy & paste much?

Option R and Option 2 on the Mac. All graphic designers know this. There are also shortcuts you can setup on your iPhone. ® (R) and ™ TM are what I use. The T and M by itself works and I put parenthesis around the R to make it unique.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.