Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

addictzz

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 11, 2012
What are the apps that are available/optimised on iPhone but not on iPad? I am planning to migrate from iPhone to iPad as my main device.

So far I know:
- Whatsapp (I know you can install it on iPad but it's not designed to do so officially)
- Instagram

What else?

addictzz

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 11, 2012
What do you use on the iPhone to begin with? There's lots of apps not optimized for the iPad.

A lot. Browsing, social media, basic functionality (call&SMS, calculator, calendar, alarm, converter, flashlight, etc.), games, note-writing, music listening, chat.

I also heard that calculator is not on iPad. What are actually apps that are not available on iPad?

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
A lot. Browsing, social media, basic functionality (call&SMS, calculator, calendar, alarm, converter, flashlight, etc.), games, note-writing, music listening, chat.

I also heard that calculator is not on iPad. What are actually apps that are not available on iPad?

Tell us what apps EXACTLY you use. This might be a PITA to do, but it will help us help you (I promise! :)).

The calculator isn't on the iPad, no, either is the flashlight because the iPad doesn't have one. You'll definitely find some good alternatives for them though.

addictzz

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 11, 2012
Tell us what apps EXACTLY you use. This might be a PITA to do, but it will help us help you (I promise! :)).

The calculator isn't on the iPad, no, either is the flashlight because the iPad doesn't have one. You'll definitely find some good alternatives for them though.

I can check one by one what are the apps which are not available in ipad by comparing it with iphone. I just want to know those that I am not aware of.

From my own list:
-instagram
-bbm
-whatsapp
-line
-calculator
-flashlight
-foursquare

Majority are social media apps. Some apps' description said that they can be installed for iPad but I believe they are not native for iPad.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.