Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Squilly

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 17, 2012
PA
A few months back, I created a thread contemplating taking up Information Sciences & Technology as a college major. I go to Penn State, currently a sophomore after a rough year. There's a "sub-major" (not a minor) called Security & Risk Analysis which is certified by the NSA (which seems like most colleges with this major are). I'm leaning towards SRA but the potential for IST seems greater. In reality, if I went the SRA route, I'd want to work for the federal government like FBI cyber division or NSA. I can't help but think that with either major, nothing good will come out of it. IST, all I think is it'll be working at a help desk, although my brother's friend is an IT support engineer that took a similar major. How likely is it to pursue something great from either of these majors? I plan to minor in business administration as a viable backup with the goal of eventually starting something of my own.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.