Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AppleTecFan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 7, 2009
N/A
So for some reason in yosmite my right fan Min/Max fan speed is 1982. Did not have this issue in Mavericks, I had full control of the fans within iStat menus and lost that power when "upgrading." I have been resetting the SMC and nothing changes I have uninstalled every fan control app but one (that tells me that I need to reset the smc, that something is wrong) This is honestly giving me a headache. Does anyone know what to do

AppleTecFan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 7, 2009
N/A
LOL how many did you have? It maybe that a driver has been removed or modified in the uninstall, either way I'd recommend a reinstall of the OS as the next step...

I have one istat menus worked fine in mavericks then going into Yosemite the fan control within istats stopped working so I downloaded a few and it got worse. But now fans are working to an extent. The smc based doesn't work (always stays at 2000) but if I use temperature control on another fan control app it works...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.