Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sonicrobby

macrumors 68020
Apr 24, 2013
New Orleans
No, I tend to dislike them also. Ive never actually cut one off as I always figured that I would need to keep it closed at one point. Though I havent actually noticed any time where I needed it closed. Let us know if you do end up cutting it off, and give us a long term review on any benefits/regrets of doing so!

XboxMySocks

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Oct 25, 2009
No, I tend to dislike them also. Ive never actually cut one off as I always figured that I would need to keep it closed at one point. Though I havent actually noticed any time where I needed it closed. Let us know if you do end up cutting it off, and give us a long term review on any benefits/regrets of doing so!

I think I might indeed give it a go after locating some crazy glue in case the stitching decides to pull some *********...

XboxMySocks

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Oct 25, 2009

**** it, I did it. Looks fine (a tiny bit wonky but whatever) but the usability is sooooooooo much better. No regrets at all right now.

http://imgur.com/a/7MBbe

XboxMySocks

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Oct 25, 2009
That does not look bad at all actually. Cant wait to hear from your long term usage! :D

No I'm actually pretty pleased. It has made it so much nicer to use as well. Don't think I will have any issues with stitching coming out as I haven't actually interfered with it at all... may have actually taken some strain off it.

kockgunner

macrumors 68000
Sep 24, 2007
Vancouver, Canada
I had the iPhone 5 version of this case and it had a snap button which I prefer. I use the case when I go running so the screen is protected if I drop it.

I saw reviews for this case on Amazon and people were complaining that the magnet is weak and the shell is held to the folio with double-sided tape? Are either of these true?

XboxMySocks

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Oct 25, 2009
I had the iPhone 5 version of this case and it had a snap button which I prefer. I use the case when I go running so the screen is protected if I drop it.

I saw reviews for this case on Amazon and people were complaining that the magnet is weak and the shell is held to the folio with double-sided tape? Are either of these true?

The magnet is plenty strong in my opinion, and I can't comment on the tape because I have not ripped the case apart :rolleyes:

Dino F

Suspended
Sep 16, 2010
Croydon, South London, UK
I've never really liked these style of cases if I am honest. With your credit cards in the left slots, when you then close the flap, all your cards are then resting directly on the screen of the iPhone - thats just asking for scratches.......

XboxMySocks

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Oct 25, 2009
I've never really liked these style of cases if I am honest. With your credit cards in the left slots, when you then close the flap, all your cards are then resting directly on the screen of the iPhone - thats just asking for scratches.......

No? The leather is what sits against the screen :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.