Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jwill99

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 15, 2013
I bought this case to use with my new iPad Air 2. For some reason, my iPad does not go to sleep or wake up by closing or opening the case. My husband has the same model iPad Air 2 and a Smart Case. His works as it should. I tried his case on mine and it still does not work. It there a setting somewhere that I should change? I did a reset and that did not help.

AppleFan360

macrumors 68020
Jan 26, 2008
I bought this case to use with my new iPad Air 2. For some reason, my iPad does not go to sleep or wake up by closing or opening the case. My husband has the same model iPad Air 2 and a Smart Case. His works as it should. I tried his case on mine and it still does not work. It there a setting somewhere that I should change? I did a reset and that did not help.
Go into Settings > General > Lock/Unlock. Make sure that is turned on.

jwill99

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 15, 2013
Go into Settings > General > Lock/Unlock. Make sure that is turned on.

Thank you Chris. That did it. I don't know why I did not see that when I went through the settings. Thanks again.

Last edited:

MyopicPaideia

macrumors 68020
Mar 19, 2011
Sweden
Interesting this was turned off by default. I've never had to touch that setting before, and have always had a smart cover on all my iPads...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.