Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thefredelement

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 10, 2012
New York
My ethernet connection keeps dropping on a 4,1 cMP running the release version of OS X 10.10

I've tried swapping ethernet ports on the cMP and router (a FiOS router)

I don't have any other connection issues with other devices

Using Network under system preferences and toggling the interface from DHCP to Off and back to DHCP always restores the connection. (After hitting Apply for each update)

Wifi is also turned off. I've also tried other ethernet wires.

I previously had Mavericks installed which was fine, then at some point got into the 10.10 dev releases and this bug showed in one of them, was cured in the next one then, then showed up in the next GM Seed, then again in the final release. Since then I've completely wiped the Mac, cleared SMC, reset PRAM and freshly installed the release the version of OS X 10.10.

The only other recent change I've made was putting new monitors (ViewSonic 27" x2) on each min display port, where previously I had one on DVI and one on mini display port using an active adapter. I can't see how that would have anything to do with it but just thought I'd throw it out there.

Is there a log I can check somewhere maybe? Any tips would be great, thanks!

thefredelement

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 10, 2012
New York
I added a Home location and removed all of the interfaces from it except the one that I use, so far so good. Knock on wood.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.