Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you happy with what you have now?

• Am happy with my 6 I started with

Votes: 36 32.4%
  • Am happy with my 6 Plus I started with

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Wished I got a 6, the 6 Plus feels to big.

Votes: 3 2.7%
  • Wished I get a 6 Plus, all the things it has over the 6

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Am happy with my 6... that I switched to after owning a 6 Plus

Votes: 3 2.7%
  • Am happy with my 6 Plus... that I changed to after owning a 6

Votes: 13 11.7%
  • Am happy not getting either.

Votes: 7 6.3%

• Total voters

Starfyre

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Nov 7, 2010
Are you happy with your 6 or 6 Plus? Or getting any buyers remorse on the one you picked?

I was tempted by the 6 Plus, but in the end stuck with the 6. The 6 is so easy to use with one hand, the Plus is so big and unwieldy. The magic is not in creating a bigger device with higher specs, its about creating a smaller device with higher specs. Thats what stands out.

Yes, there are similar threads like this, but none of them with the options that this one covers so we can all get a better idea without wondering if people had a 6, 6 plus, switched, etc. that was never clear with the other threads. Please vote again, thanks!

Last edited:

cababah

macrumors 68000
Jun 11, 2009
SF Bay Area, CA
I feel like there are a million of these types of threads...in any case, I had a 6 and switched to a 6+. Never looked back and couldn't be happier.

Starfyre

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Nov 7, 2010
Answer again, none of the other threads like these have comprehensive options like this one. :)

Lartymarf

macrumors regular
Aug 11, 2007
Definitely happy with the upgrade. Moved from the 5S to the 6+. A bit unwieldy, but definitely enjoying the longer battery life and the larger screen. Can't seem to put it down!

eagleglen

macrumors 65816
Oct 2, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
I voted 'happy after switching', but I'll admit I still have some regret. I had the 6 Plus for two days after getting it at launch; however, was just to frustrated with how difficult it was to handle with one hand, so I switched. I loved the brilliance and sharpness of the screen that I'm still envious of every time I see one. The 6 is good but just doesn't 'pop' in the same way IMHO. But for my use, I know I made the right choice. Maybe if I didn't also own an iPad.

Last edited:

Lachhh

macrumors regular
Aug 30, 2014
Mainland Europe
Got the regular 6. No brainer for me since I was never considering the 6 Plus as a daily driver kind of phone. A colleague has the 6 Plus so I got to play around with it a lot, that strengthened me in my descision to get its smaller brother.
I can easily imagine the 6 Plus being more fun to play around with during the honeymoon period, I know I'd be annoyed with its size past that mark though.

Hustler1337

macrumors 68000
Dec 23, 2010
London, UK
Where's the option for 'bought both and went with the[...]"? But anyways, here's a copy/paste of a post I made in another thread a few weeks ago:

I bought both the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus together. Tried out the 6 Plus for a few days, then the iPhone 6 for a few full days in real-world use and alternated between the 2 for two weeks.

I ended up going for the 6 Plus and don't regret it at all. In fact, the more I use it, the more I end up feeling happy I went with the 6 Plus, even though I was undecided as to which one I should keep over the whole of the 2-week period. Even I was peeved off with myself being so undecided as to which one I should keep. I used the iPhone 6 right up till the last hour before I returned it to the Apple store.

The iPhone 6 just didn't feel like much of an upgrade from my 5S apart from the slightly larger screen.

I think the slipperiness of the iPhone 6 Plus when used naked made me feel uncomfortable about keeping the Plus. But now, having got the leather case, it has become much more easier to use and hold, despite my smaller hands. Every time I use and hold my iPhone 6 Plus, I feel like i've made the right decision.

To this day, I don't regret going for the 6 Plus and can honestly say that the phone no longer feels big at all, I've completely got used to the new size. Very pleased to have went with the 6 Plus and it's a joy to use. :)

Starfyre

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Nov 7, 2010
Where's the option for 'bought both and went with the[...]"? But anyways, here's a copy/paste of a post I made in another thread a few weeks ago:

To this day, I don't regret going for the 6 Plus and can honestly say that the phone no longer feels big at all, I've completely got used to the new size. Very pleased to have went with the 6 Plus and it's a joy to use. :)

Thanks for sharing, yes I should have added that as an option.

imnjs

macrumors member
Sep 27, 2014
Dallas, TX
iPhone 6 and 6 Plus, are you happy? Did you switch? (Ultimate Poll, vote!)

Did myself a favor and didn't even look at the 6+. Loving my 6.

And what options make this thread different?

ELPresidente720

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2014
Happy with my 6 since second 1. Would love it to have the battery of the 6+, but other than that I'm 100% satisfied.

Starfyre

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Nov 7, 2010
Did myself a favor and didn't even look at the 6+. Loving my 6.

And what options make this thread different?

Other threads are not clear on separating the 6 from the 6+ and whether they started with it or sold it.

pish6969

macrumors regular
Sep 10, 2014
iPhone 6 and 6 Plus, are you happy? Did you switch? (Ultimate Poll, vote!)

6 much smoother all the way around performance wise. If you want no lag and the best performance get the 6. If you use the phone mostly for videos, or just need more screen size get the +. My wife has had the + for about two weeks. Not portable enough for me and honestly not nearly as smooth. Battery better on + but we charge every night so both phones get thru a day with normal use.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.