Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

andy2401

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 20, 2014
Norway
Hi!

Miss CoH from my PC days but only got the PC version so now Im planning on buying it again, but I wasn't sure if its working with yosemite. If not I'll just wait.
Saw this thread on the aspyr support page, so it looks like some of the games dont work with yosemite yet. Have any of you guys tested with CoH?

btw, they should port CoH2 also!

Last edited:

Aspyr-Blair

macrumors 6502
Aug 20, 2012
Austin Tx
Hi!

Miss CoH from my PC days but only got the PC version so now Im planning on buying it again, but I wasn't sure if its working with yosemite. If not I'll just wait.
Saw this thread on the aspyr support page, so it looks like some of the games dont work with yosemite yet. Have any of you guys tested with CoH?

btw, they should port CoH2 also!

We dont currently see any issues with COH on 10.10. Please let us know if anything looks weird though! :apple:

arctic

macrumors 6502a
Jun 18, 2008
We dont currently see any issues with COH on 10.10. Please let us know if anything looks weird though! :apple:

Thank you for getting involved with us here in MR. I encountered a hitch a few hours ago. Because of Steam's Black Friday sales, I purchased COH2. It mentioned in Steam that it's compatible with Mac. But it won't seem to install/download. After clicking install, there's an instant notification that it has finished downloading which of course is impossible since it's a huge game. Running the latest Yosemite version.

ManuMac

macrumors newbie
Mar 26, 2015
Ive got an annoying issue

When playing COH with my macboookpro late 2008 model with the recently installed OS yosemite I get video slow motion glitches.
Whats wrong what can I do!! Loosing to many men out there...

ManuMac

macrumors newbie
Mar 26, 2015
yes you do!

I asked and the response was there are issues with COH slowing down.
See the attached chat. with aspyr.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-03-30 at 11.30.44.png
    Screen Shot 2015-03-30 at 11.30.44.png
    30.8 KB · Views: 1,100

Dirtyharry50

macrumors 68000
May 17, 2012
Well, that sucks. :(

Gotta love that annual OS upgrade cycle with almost no regard for backwards compatibly by Apple. Awesome.

Now to figure out how to install Mavericks on another drive to get around this.

virgilhilts

macrumors newbie
Dec 30, 2015
I am afraid not as we no longer have rights to work on the game :(

As per the original poster Andy2401, I'm a big fan of the original COH game which I have had on PC. Have gone completely over to Mac now and was delighted to see the original COH game available for it. However, after reading these posts it seems if I were to buy it, it wont run on Yosemite properly - is that correct? Would love to be able to still play it, thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.