Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sammich

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 26, 2006
Sarcasmville.
I don't think there's much to say here. This just bothers me too much. See the attached screenshot.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-10-30 at 8.56.39 am.png
    Screen Shot 2014-10-30 at 8.56.39 am.png
    27 KB · Views: 148

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
Go to your User CP and under Edit Options at the bottom are the date and time formats. If you change how it's displayed you can fix it. This is how you must have it set up and I was able to reproduce what you're seeing:
Capture.PNG

Here is how mine is set up and all the stuff is on one line:
Capture2.PNG

Last edited:

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Go to your User CP and under Edit Options at the bottom are the date and time formats. If you change how it's displayed you can fix it. This is how you must have it set up and I was able to reproduce what you're seeing:
View attachment 509970

Here is how mine is set up and all the stuff is on one line:
View attachment 509971
Seems like the only thing that might help there is changing to 24-hour format (which gets rid of the extra AM/PM that sometimes gets wrapped). Unfortunately that's not much of a solution to change a whole use case of something to essentially only hide an actual wrapping issue since it actually changes what is displayed--for example, 24-hour time isn't all that meaningful for many where it's not used.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.