Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple's Beats by Dre headphones brand is teaming up with Sanrio to offer two special edition Hello Kitty-themed products to commemorate Hello Kitty's 40th anniversary (via CNET).

Beats has designed new Solo2 over-the-ear headphones that feature an all-over Hello Kitty print in a signature red, white, and blue color scheme, plus new urBeats in-ear earphones that feature the same colors along with a bow decoration and a matching bow-shaped collector's pouch.

hellokittybeats.jpg
The new Hello Kitty x Beats Solo2 headphones will retail for $249.95, while the urBeats will sell for $149.95, a $50 premium over standard Solo2 and urBeat pricing. While both products are listed on the Beats website, they won't be available to purchase until after they debut at the upcoming Hello Kitty Con 2014 on October 30 in Los Angeles.

Article Link: Beats by Dre Debuts Special Edition Hello Kitty Headphones for 40th Anniversary

jonblatho

macrumors 68030
Jan 20, 2014
Oklahoma
I'll save you guys some work:

This clearly means Apple is doomed because [insert reason here]. Fire Tim!

megapopular

macrumors 6502a
Aug 21, 2007
Hello Kitty is popular the world around, Apple is smart to support their anniversary, it's good business!!

GeneralChang

macrumors 68000
Dec 2, 2013
That's... actually not a bad idea. I mean, I hate them, but it's a good idea, as far as marketing is concerned. This is why they're so successful.

nagromme

macrumors G5
May 2, 2002
For Pete's sake, people!

All year long, everyone's been repeating the same snide, boring jabs about "best product pipeline."

And now, the ONE time those comments are needed, where are you now?

You let me down.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.