Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

artvega

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 30, 2014
This morning, iPhone 6 plus was working fine, then I opened camera, screen went black and it hasn't come back to life after 2 hrs. I tried to turn it off but buttons are not responding. Phone is still on, as bluetooth music on my car started to play as soon as I got into my car. And I received a call and could hear a message coming in, but the screen is still totally black.
I tried connecting it to the charger to see if it made any difference, but nothing.
I guess it will have to go back to AT&T... maybe an early production fault.

Disappointed!
/Arturo

artvega

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 30, 2014
Have you done a hard reboot?

I just did and that fixed the problem.

But it's a weird thing. It had never happened to me on any other iPhone I have ever owned... (2, 4s, 5, 5c).

I have noticed that sometimes when wanting to use the camera on some apps like whatsapp, if you choose the back camera is fine, but if you switch to the front camera, you only get a black screen.

Thanks for the tip.

So far, I have been satisfied with the plus, but it still has some glitches here and there.

/Arturo

nikhsub1

macrumors 68030
Jun 19, 2007
mmmm... jessica.'s beer...
I just did and that fixed the problem.

But it's a weird thing. It had never happened to me on any other iPhone I have ever owned... (2, 4s, 5, 5c).

I have noticed that sometimes when wanting to use the camera on some apps like whatsapp, if you choose the back camera is fine, but if you switch to the front camera, you only get a black screen.

Thanks for the tip.

So far, I have been satisfied with the plus, but it still has some glitches here and there.

/Arturo
I have had this happen on every iteration of the iphone... consider yourself lucky that this is your first :p

iRobby

macrumors 6502a
Mar 22, 2011
Fort Myers, FL USA
This morning, iPhone 6 plus was working fine, then I opened camera, screen went black and it hasn't come back to life after 2 hrs. I tried to turn it off but buttons are not responding. Phone is still on, as bluetooth music on my car started to play as soon as I got into my car. And I received a call and could hear a message coming in, but the screen is still totally black.
I tried connecting it to the charger to see if it made any difference, but nothing.
I guess it will have to go back to AT&T... maybe an early production fault.

Disappointed!
/Arturo

You be better off going to an Apple Store. They have the software to do diagnostics

Meathead1

macrumors member
Oct 28, 2014
No need to take it in. These things happen. Restore as new if the hard reset doesn't work. If it happens after that THEN take it in.

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
I've noticed something similar happening on occasion with my 6 plus. For some reason trying to wake with either buttons sometimes produces a black screen even after multiple tries. It generally works by the third or fourth. Never quite this bad...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.