Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nn88

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 20, 2014
Its going to save you the stress and problems of trying to figure out what your battery life is. The percentage is just an estimation anyways. Charge it when you need to and live life. You'll know when you need to charge it in. You always know.

Reactions: MistahMumford

ucfgrad93

macrumors Core
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado
I keep it on as a guideline, but don't do anything about it until my phone gives me an audible warning at 14%.

Max(IT)

Suspended
Dec 8, 2009
Italy
Its going to save you the stress and problems of trying to figure out what your battery life is. The percentage is just an estimation anyways. Charge it when you need to and live life. You'll know when you need to charge it in. You always know.

I'm not stressed by battery life of my devices, but I can't stand without a numerical indication.

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
I work on my phone, generally charge it twice a day and can't afford for it to die on me.

I try to just keep it plugged in anytime possible.

If I was more of a casual user or knew the phone could last me from the time I woke up until the time I went to bed I would turn the percentage off.

kmj2318

macrumors 68000
Aug 22, 2007
Naples, FL
I think doing this will improve the experience for most people, not all. I think this is why there's no battery indicator on the Watch.

tardman91

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2009
Tampa Area, FL
I've never used it as long as it's been available for this very reason. I've got a lot of other things to worry about than how my phone dropped 1% in whatever time frame.

Lashae

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2014
Hmm you may be right, I saw this thread last night and decided to turn off my percentage.

Usually i'd charge my Plus once a day, today however, I didn't charge it at all and when I looked at my usage at the end of the day i'd gone 13 hours and when I finally plugged it in at about 10:30PM I still had 25% still left.

There's really no need to panic about the battery because the life is great, now that i've turned the percentage off I don't even think about it anymore. :D

TigerMSTR

macrumors 6502
Sep 30, 2014

Yup. When I had the percentage on I'd always be staring at it, stressing when it drops by 1% every few minutes. With it off I just don't care.

flyinmac

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2006
United States
I think doing this will improve the experience for most people, not all. I think this is why there's no battery indicator on the Watch.

Great... Someone asks you what time it is, you glance at your now dead Apple watch, and say Apparently it's time to charge my watch.

----------

I don't think I could turn it off. I'll start itching and scratching.

They have an app for that

----------

I like numbers. And turtles.

I like turtles too. I miss the ones that drew pictures when you fed them numbers.

----------

I can't agree with this more. Turned off the battery percentage a couple of years ago and I've never looked back.

I just tried turning off my percentage count, but my battery lost 0.000000000000000001 percent by the time I opened the settings app, so I aborted quickly to conserve battery power ;)

Skika

macrumors 68030
Mar 11, 2009
I have mine turned off, i only wish there was an option it would automatically turn on at 20% thats the only time im interested in %.

MistahMumford

macrumors 6502
Nov 12, 2011
SC
I have mine turned off, i only wish there was an option it would automatically turn on at 20% thats the only time im interested in %.

Now that would be awesome and something I've thought about for a while. To take it up a bit, it could be customizable to turn on at a few different percentage options like 20, 30, 40, and 50!

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
Normally I have mine turned on. But lately it's been bothering me every hour seeing the % go down by 1. So I am going to turn it off and test and see how it goes. I know I get very annoyed when it's off but something I have to deal with and see.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.