Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

blehpunk1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 31, 2014
Not having a very good day. I accidentally deleted my iphoto library with a tonne of photos on it and then couldnt even login here with my usual account so had to re-register.

Anyway, can anyone advise on the best recovery software to get my photos back? I've used one in the past but can't seem to find it to buy on amazon.co.uk
I am running mavericks on a late 2011 MBA, I'd love if I could just get the whole library file back in one chunk.
I know, I know, should have been backing up.
Thanks in advance for the help. I'm desperate!

blehpunk1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 31, 2014
I deleted the trash, that's how I knew what I did when I freed up so much space on my hard drive when I thought I was only binning a few photo files from my folder, I must have selected it on accident.

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
I deleted the trash, that's how I knew what I did when I freed up so much space on my hard drive when I thought I was only binning a few photo files from my folder, I must have selected it on accident.

Do you happen to have Time Machine turned on? Even if you have not used TM to backup recently, TM stores emptied trash in a hidden folder you can access from the TM interface.

Open your Pictures folder in Finder and from the Time Machine menu bar item select Enter Time Machine and scroll back to a pink date/time to see if it is there to restore.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4878

Failing that, take a look at Disk Warrior.

blehpunk1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 31, 2014
yah not had time machine on in a long time since I moved house and didn't set up my drive again

----------

also, disk warrior comes on a DVD and I am using a macbook air

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
yah not had time machine on in a long time since I moved house and didn't set up my drive again

----------

also, disk warrior comes on a DVD and I am using a macbook air

You can get the downloadable version then make a startup disk to run it from. See this.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.