Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jwlbel

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 29, 2012
I want to record a yahoo streaming concert using my macbook air.

I tried doing a test tonight but when I did, new screen recording it also recorded anything I was saying in the background too. I tried to disable the mic but then it did not record any audio. I just want the audio and video that is playing on the computer. Not myself in the background plus the computer stream. Can I do this using quicktime? If so, how? If not, can you please recommend a free app/program

Meister

Suspended
Oct 10, 2013
The quicktime recording function in Mac OS will simply record the screen and everything that comes in through your mic. Two options to record streaming content is to catch the hdmi-out signal with an elgato hd recorder or a blackmagic hyperdeck/studio. This is rather complicated, but all I can think of.

2jaded2care

macrumors 6502
Jun 13, 2003
Atlanta
In QT, I tested setting the screen recording microphone setting to "Built-in Input: Line In", then looped a computer speaker cable from the headphone jack to the mic input jack. Seemed to work with a short test, FWIW.

jwlbel

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 29, 2012
Thanks!!!

A friend of mine told me about a program called SoundFlower and that worked perfectly. I was able to record my screen and the audio without recording myself too.

rdsii64

macrumors regular
May 14, 2008
screen flow

screen flow is what you need. You can tell screenflow to record system audio and ignore the the computeres built in mic.

poiihy

macrumors 68020
Aug 22, 2014
Rather than record the video, why not download the video directly? You may be able to download it with DownloadHelper (extension for Firefox). You may also be able to download it manually if the direct link to the video is available in the HTML source

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.