Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TurkXtreme

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 8, 2012
TURKEY
what do you think about this case?

tSlNiD.jpg

e762dZ.jpg

133482640_tn70_R_467706_0.jpg

Mr.C

macrumors 603
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.
I have the clear version and I'm not keen on it. It's too bulky for one thing and parts covering the volume and on/off buttons are stiff. I replaced it with another case which is slimmer and doesn't have the same issue regards the buttons.

iphone1105

macrumors 68020
Oct 8, 2009
I have the all clear one, I love it. My second favorite case and it's holding up well, no yellowing or anything

Biggs91276

macrumors regular
Sep 8, 2014
Kansas
I have the gunmetal version and I like it a lot. Shows off the back of the phone fits in my platinum series holster and also fits with my iloome screen protector so I'm quite happy!

Lux12

macrumors member
Nov 2, 2013
I was going to get this case until i heard about the buttons being hard to press.

Biggs91276

macrumors regular
Sep 8, 2014
Kansas
I was going to get this case until i heard about the buttons being hard to press.

Actually the buttons are not that hard to press and I kept the stabilizers from when I had the neo hybrid and used them and now the buttons are very clicky and work well.

LeDave952

macrumors newbie
Nov 12, 2014
My cousin and dad got the "gold" one. Looks gold in photo but was actually bright brown when it arrived, however they didn't mind.

dtao819

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2014
Does anyone know how this case compares to the Ringke Fusion (aside from the port covers) and the i-Blason iPhone 6/Plus case?

Ann P

macrumors 68020
Jun 29, 2009
California
Spigen Ultra Hybrid

Does anyone know how this case compares to the Ringke Fusion (aside from the port covers) and the i-Blason iPhone 6/Plus case?

Ringke is bulkier than the Spigen and i-Blason, both of which are very similar. Also, Ringke's version is a glossy material whereas the other two are matte. I prefer the i-Blason because of the form factor and buttons are easier to press.

phillyi

macrumors member
Nov 8, 2011
I have this case in black. This has been my favorite case so far...had it on my 5 and now have it on my 6. The design is nice and overall the case is thin so it doesnt feel bulky whatsoever. Also,the buttons are not difficult to press just wish they where a little more defined like they were on the 5.

Just be sure to take off the protective stickers on the inside and outside of the case which make the back appear scratched/cloudy when its actually not.

presto619

macrumors newbie
Aug 4, 2008
SanDiego
what slimmer case did you switch to? I'm having the same issue with my clear ultra hybrid. Thanks

I have the clear version and I'm not keen on it. It's too bulky for one thing and parts covering the volume and on/off buttons are stiff. I replaced it with another case which is slimmer and doesn't have the same issue regards the buttons.

dtao819

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2014
Ringke is bulkier than the Spigen and i-Blason, both of which are very similar. Also, Ringke's version is a glossy material whereas the other two are matte. I prefer the i-Blason because of the form factor and buttons are easier to press.

Is the Ringke bulkier because of the thicker front lip? Or is the material throughout the entire case just thicker overall making it bulkier than the Spigen and i-Blason?

iphone1105

macrumors 68020
Oct 8, 2009
This. I keep looking for a better case and haven't found one. It's the best blend of style, protection, and usability.

I particularly like their "air cushion" on the edges, leaves some extra protection on a drop.

Mr.C

macrumors 603
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.
Actually the buttons are not that hard to press and I kept the stabilizers from when I had the neo hybrid and used them and now the buttons are very clicky and work well.

They are hard to press and shouldn't be so nor should you have to modify the case by using inserts to fix the issue. The design should have been better in the first place.

----------

I have this case in black. This has been my favorite case so far...had it on my 5 and now have it on my 6. The design is nice and overall the case is thin so it doesnt feel bulky whatsoever. Also,the buttons are not difficult to press just wish they where a little more defined like they were on the 5.

Just be sure to take off the protective stickers on the inside and outside of the case which make the back appear scratched/cloudy when its actually not.

The buttons are hard to press and it is bulkier then some other similar type cases. Personally I don't like the lip along the sides.

----------

I particularly like their "air cushion" on the edges, leaves some extra protection on a drop.

I very much doubt that's going to provide any sort of protection on a drop.

----------

what slimmer case did you switch to? I'm having the same issue with my clear ultra hybrid. Thanks

I'm using this one currently.

http://www.canaloo.com/collections/iphone-6-touch-skin

Yptcn

macrumors 68020
Aug 24, 2012
Paris
I have the clear one and love it ! If you turn on the flash for notifications then it lightens up all around when the phone rings ��

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.