Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

adamj575

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 17, 2011
Tennessee
I have a base model 2012 mac mini...for whatever reason each morning when i wake up and move my mouse to wake up the mac it is on the recovery screen prompting me to open dick utility or reinstall (the same screen that come up when holding command c or command R)

I just hit the x and restart and the system starts up fine but the next morning, bam, same thing. I cant figure out the problem for the life of me. I disabled the screen saver which was suggested somewhere else but it didnt help.

I bought the mac about 3 months ago so it is still covered under warranty. Im kinda thinking its not hardware though just because everything runs fine otherwise...

Please HELP!

Thanks pal

macrumors member
Nov 18, 2014
I have a base model 2012 mac mini...for whatever reason each morning when i wake up and move my mouse to wake up the mac it is on the recovery screen prompting me to open dick utility or reinstall (the same screen that come up when holding command c or command R)

I just hit the x and restart and the system starts up fine but the next morning, bam, same thing. I cant figure out the problem for the life of me. I disabled the screen saver which was suggested somewhere else but it didnt help.

I bought the mac about 3 months ago so it is still covered under warranty. Im kinda thinking its not hardware though just because everything runs fine otherwise...

Please HELP!

Call Apple.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.