Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mojer

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 30, 2011
Just recently upgraded to the iphone 6 Plus and Air 2. Upon syncing my Gmail calendars I now have all of my events displaying in the GMT time zone. I cannot seem to fix this and all of my events are off by several hours. Any suggestions? Thanks!

NoBoMac

Staff member
Jul 1, 2014
Many people having that issue.

Just tested on my iOS, enabled Calendars for my Google account under Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars. "Time Zone Override" is off, and on Google Calendar, I've got my local timezone set.

The Google calendar came over with everything correct.

Exported the calendar from Google as an ICS file and dug through that: everything in there is listed as my local timezone.

Created an event in a different timezone: displays on my calendar in my current timezone, but also has a piece of text showing what time the event is for the other timezone.

So, seems to work for me at least. Maybe go in and check settings across everything.

Mojer

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 30, 2011
Many people having that issue.

Just tested on my iOS, enabled Calendars for my Google account under Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars. "Time Zone Override" is off, and on Google Calendar, I've got my local timezone set.

The Google calendar came over with everything correct.

Exported the calendar from Google as an ICS file and dug through that: everything in there is listed as my local timezone.

Created an event in a different timezone: displays on my calendar in my current timezone, but also has a piece of text showing what time the event is for the other timezone.

So, seems to work for me at least. Maybe go in and check settings across everything.

Are you syncing with Google or icloud calendar? And where is the time zone setting in Google calendar? Thanks

dyusem

macrumors member
Feb 21, 2005
Bainbridge Island, WA
Not that particular issue however once in a while the time zone will change from PDT to GMT on an individual calendar entry. At first I thought that it was user error but after a couple of times, it seems as if it is OS related.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.