Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

theslaz

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 12, 2009
Calgary; Alberta; Canada
Inherited a PC from my nephew ( I'm a Mac user; thought I'd maybe use it with XBMC ). I tried to sign into Itunes on this PC; it would not except my password. I tried the same password on my Mac and it worked. I ask Why!

I than tried a reset of password; an email was sent to me on my Mac. It was in a language that I did not recognize. I used Gmail's translation and eventually went to another page that I assume was asking me to set a new password. I don't know for sure as it was in the same language as the email message. I ask why!!!

asriznet

macrumors regular
Dec 21, 2013
Singapore
Inherited a PC from my nephew ( I'm a Mac user; thought I'd maybe use it with XBMC ). I tried to sign into Itunes on this PC; it would not except my password. I tried the same password on my Mac and it worked. I ask Why!

I than tried a reset of password; an email was sent to me on my Mac. It was in a language that I did not recognize. I used Gmail's translation and eventually went to another page that I assume was asking me to set a new password. I don't know for sure as it was in the same language as the email message. I ask why!!!

What password are you referring to?
Is this your itunes store account password aka your apple id?

If yes, you just need to try logging in to https://appleid.apple.com/

make sure you are using the same apple id(email address) when signing in because i suspect you have more than 1 apple id.

theslaz

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 12, 2009
Calgary; Alberta; Canada
Yes it is for the Itunes store. It just dawned on me that this being a different/new computer for me that I had authorize it; which was I was able to do. Now everything is good as far as signing in. What about the other problem; being the foreign language ( I believe it is Indonesian)? Where did that come from?

Panch0

macrumors 6502a
Feb 23, 2010
Virginia
check out Start/Control Panel/Region and Language

it kind of sounds like the region and language settings don't match where you actually are and are causing apple to show the wrong language.

You keyboard language may also be different, which might explain why your password didn't match originally.

theslaz

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 12, 2009
Calgary; Alberta; Canada
check out Start/Control Panel/Region and Language

it kind of sounds like the region and language settings don't match where you actually are and are causing apple to show the wrong language.

You keyboard language may also be different, which might explain why your password didn't match originally.

Nope; that wasn't it. Everything is set to Canada.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.