Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rick1982

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 20, 2014
Does anyone know of a good portable battery pack for my iPhone 6 Plus? I often go out in the city where outlets aren't always accessible or just don't want to be bothered by them. Anyone know of any good ones that will charge my iPhone quickly (high amps)? Preferable with 2 USB plugs.

takaiguchi

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2014
I'm interested in the same thing. I have one but don't think it will charge my 6 plus more than once.

AE14

macrumors 68030
Jul 9, 2013
Philly Burbs
I have the easyacc 10000 mah one in black and orange. I have used it in Disney world with my 5s and then a day in NYC with my 6 plus. Awesome charger at a great price and handles at least 2 charges.

wendimc

macrumors member
Nov 10, 2014
I would be interested in hearing some options, too. I am especially looking for something that is small and can easily fit in your pocket. I prefer a small battery pack that only gives me a half a charge over a large one I don't want to carry with me because its too big. Any suggestions?

EDH667

macrumors 65816
Nov 25, 2009
Northern California
Does anyone know of a good portable battery pack for my iPhone 6 Plus? I often go out in the city where outlets aren't always accessible or just don't want to be bothered by them. Anyone know of any good ones that will charge my iPhone quickly (high amps)? Preferable with 2 USB plugs.

This is the one I have. Used it on a recent vacation and it works great. You can charge two devices at the same time and it works for an iPad. Also has a flashlight that comes in handy.

http://www.amazon.com/RAVPower-1500...71138&sr=8-1&keywords=RAVPower+battery+backup

madamelulu

macrumors member
Oct 15, 2014

Rick1982

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 20, 2014
Yeah I was looking at the easyacc and the rav on Amazon. Both seems to be pretty good batter backups.

Volcano22

macrumors regular
Oct 1, 2013
Manchester
I have the incase portable power one. It's been excellent. Used a lot with my 5. Was a godsend all day events with no wifi and poor 3G.
https://www.goincase.com/shop/power/incase-portable-power-2500/

Rick1982

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 20, 2014

Zmanbaseball2

macrumors 68040
Aug 24, 2012
New York, USA
Okay, is there any benefit on those cables over the Apple cables?

1) the cable is 1.5ft, half of apples length
2) a shorter cable is easier to carry around and use. Would you rather use a long cable to charge from a battery pack?
3) the cable is braided, like a rope
4) it is much cheaper
5) it comes in many color options, to match your case or color of you phone

Rick1982

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 20, 2014
1) the cable is 1.5ft, half of apples length
2) a shorter cable is easier to carry around and use. Would you rather use a long cable to charge from a battery pack?
3) the cable is braided, like a rope
4) it is much cheaper
5) it comes in many color options, to match your case or color of you phone

That's a good point about it being short and braided design. I've just had bad experiences with aftermarket cables not charging properly.

Rick1982

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 20, 2014
Some great options but of everyone I've looked at so far, there's at least a few percentage of people receiving faulty units or stop working a month or two down the road. Looking for reliability as well. I like the Anker the best so far.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.