Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

quickcalibre

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 20, 2013
London
Hi guys, I recently played roche fusion, and thought it'd be great to play with my friend, but found out that it's only 2 player if the person is there, and not online.

It's a space shooter, and I was wondering if you guys have any recommendations for an online 2 player game?

Something that runs on mac and pc.

Preferably a space shooter. But if it's something really fun, I'm happy to look into it.

----------

Also, I'd like to avoid first person shooters and flash or java games on websites if possible.

xSinghx

Suspended
Oct 2, 2012
I enjoyed Borderlands 2 quite a bit. The main campaign takes itself a bit too seriously at times but overall the humor, gameplay, and loot system is a lot of fun while playing with friends. The game handles up to four players in co-op and really shines in the DLC where the absurdity of the characters, quests, and situations places the humor right where it should be. Both the mac and pc versions handle well. I've not had problems with either.

I believe Dead Space 3 has co-op and while I like 1&2 (which don't have co-op) I wouldn't use EA's Origin (which is required).

Lastly, Divinty: Original Sin (a fantasy co-op RPG) has been getting a lot of praise this year. I haven't played it but it's certainly something worth checking out. It's also available on GoG.com (DRM free) with both mac & win options available to you for one price which makes it all the more attractive and worth supporting:

http://www.gog.com/game/divinity_original_sin

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.