Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

risk235

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 17, 2011
My daughter uses the keyboard instead of the number pad to unlock her phone. She downloaded a 3rd party emoji keyboard and removed the default keyboard. So now she can't unlock her phone because she uses à as the first character. What can I do besides wiping the phone.

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
My daughter uses the keyboard instead of the number pad to unlock her phone. She downloaded a 3rd party emoji keyboard and removed the default keyboard. So now she can't unlock her phone because she uses à as the first character. What can I do besides wiping the phone.

You can't remove the default keyboard. Hold the globe on the keyboard and it will give you the option to switch keyboards.

risk235

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 17, 2011
You can't remove the default keyboard. Hold the globe on the keyboard and it will give you the option to switch keyboards.

Here's an update. The default keyboard pops up I just can't hold the a to get the à

GoSh4rks

macrumors 6502
Sep 14, 2012
I can replicate this behavior. With only 2 keyboards (SwiftKey and emoji) enabled, I can't access any alternate letters on the passcode screen. Once I replace SwiftKey with the default keyboard (English), I can.

I'm going to say that you're out of luck here, and probably should submit a bug report.

risk235

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 17, 2011
I can replicate this behavior. With only 2 keyboards (SwiftKey and emoji) enabled, I can't access any alternate letters on the passcode screen. Once I replace SwiftKey with the default keyboard (English), I can.

I'm going to say that you're out of luck here, and probably should submit a bug report.

Thanks for trying to help. Guess I'm going to wipe the phone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.