Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lazybump91

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 22, 2012
Hi guys, i not sure is here the correct section to post this.

anyway, here's my problem :

There's something on my glass, I don't know what is it and i can't wipe it off too. Anyone here can tell me what happened to my glass? I never drop my phone before. Equipment i used to clean it : Wet tissues (alcohol-free) and oil-absorbing sheets. No way i can remove it.

post-563980-1416814844.jpg

Last edited:

lazybump91

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 22, 2012
How is that possible to remove the coating? I mean what have i did? :eek:

Liquid? I didn't any liquid on it >.<

anyway, is this cover under the warranty? Went to Premium reseller in my country and the technician over there doesn't know what it is.

lazybump91

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 22, 2012
The little purple circle is the proximity sensor of the phone. it's normal, every iPhone has one!

I don't mean the sensors, ask you can see inside the red circle has a U-shape like thing on my screen.

Equipment you used, WET tissues. Yes you did use liquid on it. :-(

I used wet-tissue after i realized there's a thing i couldn't remove with microfiber cloth :(

lazybump91

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 22, 2012
It looks like a bruise; an internal layer of the screen shattered. Exchange for a new one. You're under the 1-year warranty.

Sent to my carrier for checking and don't have any phone to use for 2 weeks :(

They can't guarantee me a new unit tho.

itsmemuffins

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2010
Sent to my carrier for checking and don't have any phone to use for 2 weeks :(

They can't guarantee me a new unit tho.

To me it looks like a spot was missed when the oleophobic coating was applied.

You should have gone direct to Apple. They would have sorted you out much sooner.

lazybump91

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 22, 2012
To me it looks like a spot was missed when the oleophobic coating was applied.

You should have gone direct to Apple. They would have sorted you out much sooner.

Apple Premium Re-seller in my country asked me to go to find my carrier, they don't want to help me to solve it :mad:

The ridiculous part is that the young boy technician said he don't know what is it.

itsmemuffins

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2010
Apple Premium Re-seller in my country asked me to go to find my carrier, they don't want to help me to solve it :mad:

The ridiculous part is that the young boy technician said he don't know what is it.

Is Apple officially in your country? Like you have an Apple Store on line? If so you can contact them through the website.

I'm in Ireland we don't have Apple stores you can walk into but they have online. I just use support through the web.

Tobias Funke

macrumors 6502a
Apr 3, 2012
I noticed two the first few days!

Won't clean off at all.

I assumed I had sneezed and stained it somehow!

You can only see then when the screens off so I didn't want to risk getting a refurb phone when mines perfect apart from them marks!

lazybump91

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 22, 2012
Is Apple officially in your country? Like you have an Apple Store on line? If so you can contact them through the website.

I'm in Ireland we don't have Apple stores you can walk into but they have online. I just use support through the web.

I am in Malaysia, we don't have official apple store too but hotline yes, called they asked me look for carrier too :(

I noticed two the first few days!

Won't clean off at all.

I assumed I had sneezed and stained it somehow!

You can only see then when the screens off so I didn't want to risk getting a refurb phone when mines perfect apart from them marks!

I rather getting a refurb with perfect condition than the noticeable stain on my screen...

yjchua95

macrumors 604
Apr 23, 2011
GVA, KUL, MEL (current), ZQN
I am in Malaysia, we don't have official apple store too but hotline yes, called they asked me look for carrier too :(

I rather getting a refurb with perfect condition than the noticeable stain on my screen...

If you're in KL, send it in to the Machines AASP at Mid Valley Northpoint. They'll normally replace it with a brand-new iPhone within a week (I asked the guys there, they say it's their policy to replace with brand-new iOS devices and not refurbs).

lazybump91

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 22, 2012
If you're in KL, send it in to the Machines AASP at Mid Valley Northpoint. They'll normally replace it with a brand-new iPhone within a week (I asked the guys there, they say it's their policy to replace with brand-new iOS devices and not refurbs).

I am from Sarawak. The only Premium reseller is Switch and they refuse to help because i bought my unit from Celcom(wireless carrier).

my device is 20 days old :(

Bahroo

macrumors 68000
Jul 21, 2012
You said you used a oil absorbing wipe? You probably took the oleophobic coating off with that then

lazybump91

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 22, 2012
Well that sucks...I have no problems with Machines over devices purchased from Maxis (and I presume the same applies to other carriers).

then probably is that little technician from switch unwilling to help. SO unprofessional

You said you used a oil absorbing wipe? You probably took the oleophobic coating off with that then

erm... i wipe it using oil absorbing wipe when the thing is there already.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.