Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

itsmeterrylin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 25, 2014
Around The World
Hi there my friend,

Hope all is well on the other side of the internet!

One thing I’ve found difficult is finding a sleeve for my MBP that is beautiful, functional, and presentable in a business setting. Most of the products I’ve found on the market are boring and tacky so as an entrepreneur in the leather accessories business, I figured why not design one myself?

Last month I’ve gathered hundreds of data points from various threads and Amazon reviews to come up with a preliminary sketch of my own. I’m not sure if I’m going in the right direction, so I was looking for some honest feedback if you’ve got a minute or two to take a look. :)

Here is what I have sketched in so far to the design:

• Ultra-Slim Mobile Battery: Keep your phone powered all-day with a slim battery pack (<1cm thick)
  • Built-In Cord Organizers: Say goodbye to tangled earphones and cables, holds up to four.
  • Accessories Pocket: Carry your important documents, notebook, pen, or iPad.
  • Stylish: Beautiful and presentable for any business or client meeting.
  • Premium Leather: Full-grain leather that ages beautifully over time with a patina.
  • Butterfly Form: TSA and airport checkpoint friendly for frequent travelers.
  • Made For Mac: Designed specifically for Macbook Pro 15” and 13”
  • Business Card Pocket: Keep them handy for any business or professional meeting.

The Inspiration:

Every Monday afternoons I volunteer at an animal rescue, and I noticed one of the cats named Nike has very beautiful fur, so I decided to model the colors of this sleeve based off her colors. It may be a bit weird, but I’ve found nature is great source for design inspiration.

Nike.jpg

Preliminary sketch for a 15” MBP:

Happy to hear any honest feedback - good or bad.

Many thanks for taking the time to read this thread!

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.