Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

abley22

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 17, 2013
Hi!

I have a new iMac 27 retina, and i notice that when i wright fast with my both hands i notice a small wobble/shaking on the iMac screen.
I think its normal since it feels just like my last 27" late 2013 iMac.

If someone goes by and bump into the side of the table or something the iMac get more wobbling/shaking, is it made for this kind of stuff?
How solid is the foot? I guess many other have the same "issues" that if someone is into your table or goes by and bump into it then the iMac shake from side to side?

Could this be a problem in the future? Is it solid and made to last even if it not stand still all the time?
feels felksibel only if you barely touch it too.

abley22

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 17, 2013
I see, if i wright fast only with my fingers on the keyboard it dosnt shake, but if i have both hands down to the table and "shake" them around on the front if the keyboard i could see it wobble just a little bit

firedept

macrumors 603
Jul 8, 2011
Somewhere!
Have to agree, if your iMac is wobbling when you type, then you need a sturdier desk or you have a problem with the stand. My 27" is on a solid oak desk and no matter how hard I type, I can not get my iMac to wobble.

abley22

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 17, 2013
ok, i could try to stiff it up more with some wood and get it more stiff, if i just wright normal it not wobble. But it not mutch movement before it start to wobble, not mutch, bearly visible but i see it :)

abley22

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 17, 2013
I just tighten the screws on the table and it feels mutch stiffer, but again i had this "problem" if i run into the table with my chair or my kid push it or someone unfortunately hit it from the side the iMac shake a bit..

Do the footstand/imac handle kind of stuff easy or could this be a problem?

Last edited:

inhalexhale1

macrumors 65816
Jul 17, 2011
PA
I just tighten the screws on the table and it feels mutch stiffer, but again i had this "problem" if i run into the table with my chair or my kid push it or someone unfortunately hit it from the side the iMac shake a bit..

Do the footstand/imac handle kind of stuff easy or could this be a problem?

From what you're describing, I'd be more worried about the table/desk collapsing as opposed to the iMac stand.

dyn

macrumors 68030
Aug 8, 2009
.nl
Those are quiet excessive bumps so I'd be more worried about the desk not collapsing too. Any display, device, etc. will wobble in those cases. However, they should not wobble when writing or typing (although some are typing rather heavily, aka trying to press the keys through the keyboard, desk and floor). The iMacs foot, or any other display/all-in-one for that matter, is fine with wobbles. Just not on a daily basis.

In this case it's best to teach your kids not to play near the desk and/or move the desk to a more suitable area where you can't easily run into the desk. The fact they you were able to tighten the screws says enough. It had too many bumps already. If you hadn't tightened them the desk would have probably collapsed after being run into a few more times!

Bryan Bowler

macrumors 601
Sep 27, 2008
Your iMac is fine and there is no problem with it. As already identified, the problem is with your desk and the kids running into it.

Cheers,
Bryan

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.