Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PG6

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 28, 2014
I've got an list with objects in a TableView. The list with objects is being loaded from an external .plist on a server. Now I'd like to get that when the cells in the TableView are tapped they become another colour (green) and when finished tapping cells you can press a button which sends the tapped cells(the names of the objects) to an email address or a server, so the owner of the app can see which objects were selected.

Can anyone help me (or point me in the right direction) on how to make this?

dejo

Moderator emeritus
Sep 2, 2004
The Centennial State
First, welcome to the forums!

Second, it would be helpful if you provided some background information on yourself before we can try to answer your question. What is your experience level with iOS and Objective-C programming? Unless, of course, you are using Swift. Then, how familiar with that are you? Is this your first time trying to write an app using UITableView? Are you using any resources in your education on programming? If so, what? Please try to be as specific as possible.

grandM

macrumors 68000
Oct 14, 2013
I've got an list with objects in a TableView. The list with objects is being loaded from an external .plist on a server. Now I'd like to get that when the cells in the TableView are tapped they become another colour (green) and when finished tapping cells you can press a button which sends the tapped cells(the names of the objects) to an email address or a server, so the owner of the app can see which objects were selected.

Can anyone help me (or point me in the right direction) on how to make this?

you would have to use section and row of Indexpath to obtain the identifier of the objects. Having these identifiers you can mail info about the objects. Changing background color is done by cell.backgroundcolor =[UIColor greencolor]

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.