Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gpspad

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 4, 2014
My sister is looking for an ipad for my niece. The thing is she really wants a full size one like she uses in school.

I have looked and looked and while their is plenty of mini deals, I have yet to see a $250-$275 full sized ipad out there. What seem to happen to all the 4th gen deals?

Should she just give up and get a cheap ipad air somewhere?

aneftp

macrumors 601
Jul 28, 2007
My sister is looking for an ipad for my niece. The thing is she really wants a full size one like she uses in school.

I have looked and looked and while their is plenty of mini deals, I have yet to see a $250-$275 full sized ipad out there. What seem to happen to all the 4th gen deals?

http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/specialdeals/ipad

They got $299 16gb ipad 4 wifi models at refurb store on apple.com.

There you go.

Honestly the 16GB ipad Air $299 deals during black friday were a much better deal (lighter/faster ipad).

But you wanted a sub $300 full size ipad...you got it.

ClemsonDV

macrumors member
Mar 31, 2012

If you have a Microcenter within driving distance, I just got a new 32GB iPad Air for $359 + tax. Mini 2 32GB was $299. I think the 16 GB Models should be close to $300.

Or I can send you my wife's iPad 3 for $300 and I can get myself a Mini 2 :D

gpspad

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 4, 2014
Thanks for all the replies, and the iPad 3 offer. My sister really doesn't trust the 2nd hand market if it isn't through apple.

My sister just ended up getting an iPad air for a lot more than they were on Black Friday, but not horrible a deal. If somehow there is a sale before Xmas she can always return it.

While my sister doesn't get her deal, my niece really wanted a full sized iPad, she will be very happy.

EDH667

macrumors 65816
Nov 25, 2009
Northern California
Thanks for all the replies, and the iPad 3 offer. My sister really doesn't trust the 2nd hand market if it isn't through apple.

My sister just ended up getting an iPad air for a lot more than they were on Black Friday, but not horrible a deal. If somehow there is a sale before Xmas she can always return it.

While my sister doesn't get her deal, my niece really wanted a full sized iPad, she will be very happy.

Staples is advertising the iPad Air 16GB for $319.00.

http://weeklyad.staples.com/StaplesSD/WeeklyAd?storeid=2278822#!/store/2278822/category/5202138

Arran

macrumors 601
Mar 7, 2008
Atlanta, USA
Like someone posted above: Apple refurb store.

Packaging is plain (who cares?) but the product is indistinguishable from new.

Squilly

macrumors 68020
Nov 17, 2012
PA
Dunno if it interests you but Chase has a $225 back when you spend $500 when you apply (and get approved) for the Freedom card.

gpspad

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 4, 2014
Was browsing through and saw my old post.

Sister ended up with an ipad air 16gb from staples a few weeks ago. In the end it hit the same sale price as BF.

Like I figured, there really wasnt any ipad 4's under $300 from any legitimate sources. She did mess up a little because micro computer centers had an ipad air 32gb for just a bit more and was more future proof. But she didnt want make the drive for more memory.

ClemsonDV

macrumors member
Mar 31, 2012
Was browsing through and saw my old post.

Sister ended up with an ipad air 16gb from staples a few weeks ago. In the end it hit the same sale price as BF.

Like I figured, there really wasnt any ipad 4's under $300 from any legitimate sources. She did mess up a little because micro computer centers had an ipad air 32gb for just a bit more and was more future proof. But she didnt want make the drive for more memory.

Understood. Most places will price match Microcenter prices. But hope she enjoys hers.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.