Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rugmankc

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 24, 2014
Hope this is right place and I am fairly new to Apple.

My son got a new iPad Air 2 and is giving my wife his iPad Air. He is doing a clean install as she has an early iPad with iOs5, as far as she can go on upgrades. Sent him screenshots so he can have it all set up.

He is not local and will bring it with at Christmas.

However, my wife has many Safari Bookmarks. We can't restore just Bookmarks from from the old iPads backup on a clean install afaik.

I read some and found some apps, like AnyTrans, that may help. But, not clear if any of them will allow export then import from old to new iPad.

What is the best/easiest way to get the Bookmarks back onto new iPad.

She only has 8 Contacts so I can retype them if no easy method for that. Then set up iMessage from them.

My son will only be here 2 days and will have limited time to do any hands-on. So, I will have to finish setup.

Not an expert on this stuff, so "Keep It Simple Stupid" for me--:)

Thanks

Ken

CyberManiaK

macrumors newbie
Oct 25, 2014
Enable safari icloud and it will backup there, then on the new ipad just log to icloud and sync safari.

rugmankc

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 24, 2014
Also, let you know after Christmas--:)

If she loses, them there goes 44 years of marriage :eek:

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Also, let you know after Christmas--:)

If she loses, them there goes 44 years of marriage :eek:

Her new iPad can be restored, but there's no need for a "clean install." Why not just restore from her old backup? If all she wants are bookmarks and calendars, then any apps etc. reloaded from the backup can be deleted once the restore is complete.

rugmankc

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 24, 2014
My son has already done a clean install with latest iOS. Her old iPad is 1st Gen.

It should be ok, was just joking on marriage--:)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.